Papyrus x Ghost! Reader ~Never Be Alone~

How long have you been dead? You have lost count when 10 years went by. You were lonely like this and you wanted to find someone who made your lonely dead life a bit better. Finally one day you found it. You were just walking around until you saw a small skeleton who didn't look so happy. He... was crying. You walked to him and surprisingly he saw you! He got a bit scared but you calmly said that you were no threat. You asked him why he was sad and he said that he felt lonely. All the monsters had someone who they were friends with but he alone. You said that you would be friends with him. After that you followed him around quite often and you learned that this skeleton's name was Papyrus. He was really an innocent skeleton who made you happy when he was acting innocent and just happy even when he got older. Today he was his usual happy self. He was sitting at the table, thinking about what he would make for dinner. "oh! Y/N! Will you maybe recommend something i can cook?" you floated up and looked through the cabins to see what they had at home "hmm...you don't really have much, Pap" you said and looked through the other cabin "Maybe spaghetti?" you asked and he perked up "What a great idea! But i have never cooked it before..." you smiled at him and sat down on the table. "I'll say what you have to do" you said reassuringly and he smiled "Okay!" he said happily and you both started to cook. Without explosions! After some time it was finally done and he put it in 2 bowls and yelled to his brother that food was done. Sans didn't see you for some reason which surprised you a bit. You thought that it was something with their family that made Papyrus see you but when you tried to show yourself to Sans he couldn't see you. Even Papyrus tried to tell Sans that you were there but he thought that you were just in his imagination, after all Papyrus is kind of childish but in a good way. You sat onto counter and looked at them talk to each other. It was nice to see them interact. You had never seen two siblings so close before and it made you happy. "Wow, Pap this is really good!" he exclaimed surprisingly and Papyrus smiled even more. "Of course it is it was done by the great Papyrus!" Papyrus said proudly and you giggled softly. "but to be honest this must have been the best food i have ever cooked before..." he said and smiled sweetly. You smiled softly at him and if you had a beating heart it would flutter in happiness. After they were done eating he started to dish the dishes. It was silence for a while until Papyrus said something which made you a bit sad. "isn't it hard being dead?" you looked down a bit, feeling sadness go through your spirit. Papyrus saw this and he started to get a little panic "O-Oh i'm sorry! I shouldn't ask such a weird question to you!" he said and he hugged you out of nowhere "Please forgive meeeeeee~" he cooed sadly and you pet his head softly "Don't worry..." you said and some hours later it was bed time for both of them. Sans read a bed time story to him while you leaned against Papyrus bed. "Fluffy bunny lived in a little vile called Hoppy hills. It was a nice town filled with adventures and excitement" Sans started and you listened to the story even if you had heard it every night ever since Papyrus were little. You liked this story for some reason... maybe it was because it was Papyrus favorite story. After the story was over Papyrus was sleeping safe and soundly. Maybe it was time to go? You stood up and kissed Papyrus head softly "be good now Papyrus" you said and you went to Sans room. You rubbed his skull softly and he opened his eye sockets but he saw no one. Strange. Papyrus didn't see you the next day, or next week, or the next month, or the next year. You were really gone now and Papyrus was sad but happy at the same time.

You were at ease and he would always remember the first and last time you helpt him with his cooking.