Grillby x reader

Requested by: KawaiiKat0113

Hope you'll enjoy!

It was a normal day on the surface, nothing much happened and it was very calm and you took the chance to enjoy it. The only thing you heard was the birds singing and it felt nice to hear them sing their wonderful song. You sat by the bench and inhaled softly the winter air. It felt nice actually. It was a bit cold but you didn’t mind to be honest.

You headed towards a local bar which had opened shortly after the monsters had entered the surface so you decided to head to the bar. It was fun to try new things such as this and plus you were just so curious about these monsters! They were just so different but they still behaved like humans. It was just very fascinating.

You had walked for a while now to the bar and when you were in front of it you read the big letters which read “Grillby’s”. You tilted your head by this and started to think about a fire blob running the place. The thought made you snicker softly and you opened the door to the comfy little bar.

Your eyes was greeted by brown walls and it felt like a comfortable place to be in. It just felt nice and it kind of felt like home. You walked to the counter and decided to sit down. It wasn’t much people around which made you not feel so suffocated. You rested your head on the counter and suddenly you felt a wave of warmth get close to you.

You lifted your head and was greeted by a man which was made of flames? You blinked a couple of times and the man tilted his head. Your thought you had previously was kind of true. You smiled at him “Are you Grillby?” you asked and he simply nodded at you. You sat up straight and gave him a soft look. “What do you want?” he asked surprisingly soft. You didn’t know why but you thought about him having a robust voice because he was made of fire.

“A glass of (favorite beverage)” you said and he nodded, walking off to fix your drink. You sat there for a while and admired the place until he came back and placed the drink in front of you. You took the glass and placed it softly onto your lips while you took a sip out of it before you placed it onto the counter once again.

And that’s how you both meet for the first time. He was very nice and soft to you while you were the same to him. He have actually said you were the one customer who came to this place often, expect for a skeleton named Sans. Anyways today you sat there once again while you drink the same beverage you ordered the first day you came here. You both sat there and chit chatted for a while until suddenly a sudden question came into your mind so you decided to ask him about it.

“Hey Grillbs, can i ask you something?” You asked and he nodded. “You are made of fire, right?” you asked and he nodded once again. “So do you burn people if they get too close?” you asked and you saw that his look became kind of sad to be honest. He looked down and nodded. “Yeah, when i get to close to i do them… ever since i was a child i hurt people which made many people hate me” he explained and you felt pain go through your chest.

You wanted to hug him but you couldn’t. “H-Hey, it’s okay! You don’t need to get close to people that way!” you exclaimed and he looked at you softly “Thank you for saying so Y/N” he thanked and you couldn’t help to feel a little flustered by him, so you scratched your head softly while you glanced down. “No problem” you reassured and you heard him laugh softly which was the first time you heard him laugh.

It felt nice to hear someone you love laugh

Who supports the head canon that Grillby burns people when he gets close???????

(btw I'm not home yet so I still won't update as often, just so you guys know)