#4 | Finally More Than Friends

Don't forget to check out the song for this imagine!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Your POV~

One of the best things about having Colby in my life is that he's always there for me just like a best friend should. He always went above and beyond to cheer me up at my lowest points.

"Are you okay?" Colby asked, narrowing his eyes and furrowing his eyebrows at me.

"Yeah... I'm fine." I said, biting my lip. I knew I wasn't okay, and so did he. I continued washing the remaining makeup off my face after my fight with Eric, my abusive boyfriend.
I hated how heated things always got when me and Eric argued.

"Did he hurt you?" Colby asked, grabbing my arm. "Did he even lay a hand on you once?" He said, starting to raise his voice.

I shook my head, "No, Colby, I'm fine. I--"

"Because I'll go beat his ass right now if he did. I'm fed up with--"

I interrupted him, "I said it's fine!" I grabbed both his hands and squeezed them. He tensed up and sighed.

"Well, I'm staying overnight because if that dick decides to come back... He'll fucking regret anything he ever did to you." He said as he made a tight fist with his hands.

I nodded at him and sat at the foot of my bed. "Thank you for coming. You're always there for me." I patted the space next to me, inviting him to sit down.

"How could I say no? I gotta take care of you--" Colby started as he took a seat next to me.

I interrupted, "No, I'm talking about just in general. You're always there. And honestly, I really don't know what I would've done, or where I'd be, if you hadn't picked up the phone every single time I needed you."

"Oh," he stuttered, "You mean the world to me, of course."

I leaned in for a hug and we stayed like that for a while. I shifted so that he could hold me against his chest. We sighed simultaneously. "I'm done. I think I'm done with him." I said quietly, as Colby stroked my arm.

"So am I." he half-joked, making me sniff out a laugh.

"I don't know why I never listen to you." I whined.

"That makes two of us." Colby said as he leaned his head on mine. I felt safe. Safe enough that if Eric stormed in here, he would take care of it in no time, and nothing could happen to me. When I'm with Colby, it's like nothing could phase me. "It's okay... I got you." he added and
I smiled. "Are you going to be okay?" he asked, his minty breath hitting my eyelashes.

"Yeah, well. I don't know why I didn't let go sooner."

"It's because you're stubborn." he said, matter-of-factly.

"Yeah. To be honest with you, I can't remember the last time I felt real feelings for him."
I sat up, pulling away from his embrace.
"Like part of me, I guess, didn't want to let go because for the longest time... All I knew was Eric. And I had hope, you know?

"That's... that's sad." he fixed his shirt, smoothing out any imperfections I had made while leaning on him.

"So, to answer your question, I'm fine. I got you, remember?" I smiled.

"Yeah," he awkwardly scratched his neck. "That's what I said..."

"What's wrong?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Nothing, it's stupid, really." he said shrugging and rolling his eyes.

"Dude just tell me." I hit his arm playfully.

"Nothing, seriously, it's nothing!" he got up, walked to my vanity and looked in the mirror. He messed with his hair, which he usually did when he was nervous.

"Colby, I'm not dumb. I know it's something. Come on, you tell me everything!"

"Not everything." he mumbled quietly, but loud enough that I heard.

"Yeah I can see that." I crossed my arms as he realized I was onto him. "Colby, what the hell."

"It's not like that (y/n). It's just--"

I interrupted, "Now all of a sudden, you don't trust me?" I knew he did, I just didn't understand why he wouldn't tell me.

"No, of course I trust you!"

"Then tell me!" I said like a child at a candy store. I just wanted to know what was bothering him so much. "Colby, you're always telling me, 'I got you', so--"

"But I don't!" he interrupted, turning around and holding his hands out for emphasis.

"What?" is all I could say as I looked up at him from my seat.

"(Y/n), oh my God! I don't have you. That's what's wrong." he said, now standing a few feet in front of me. I then realized what he meant. Could this really be happening? Everything I've ever felt these past few months.

Fear. Loneliness. Sadness...

All of it went away as soon as Colby came to the rescue. And all the support I never really got from Eric, I was getting it all from Colby. It never really hit me until now.

"I want to change that. I've been dying to change that." he held out his hands and grabbed mine. I couldn't stop smiling.

"Colby..." I looked in his eyes, "I got you." I said with a smile and got up from his bed.

He squeezed my hands. "You got me?" his eyes sparkled.

"I got you." I said, our lips nearly brushing.

"Finally." he whispered before our lips collided.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay Awh!❤️

I'm sorta really happy with this one!
It's adorable! I hate cheesy with a passion but thisssss.

Alright, well tell me what y'all wanna read! Requests are open af!❤️

-Ellie✌🏻️