#71 | Sleepy Sunsets

Ah I really can't wait for summer break.
I'm drowning in homework. 🥵

Anyway, don't forget to vote for more imagines!

Make sure to listen to this imagine's song! 🎶
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{Your POV}

"Don't let me fall, Colby, ill sue!" I squealed, trying to gain some balance on my skateboard as Colby held my hand and pulled me along.

He was on his skateboard as well, speeding up despite me begging him not to. "Relax! You got this babe." He laughed.

We had been skating around Santa Monica Pier all afternoon, enjoying the long overdue warm weather. I wasn't the best at skateboarding, but we always had fun anyway. Colby had been trying to teach me since we met, but I could never get the hang of it. At least not as good Colby.

"Let's get some funnel cake. I'm starting to get a little hungry." Colby said, slowing down. He came to a complete stop, grabbing my sides to prevent me from losing balance as I stood still on the board.

"Ooh, that sounds good!" I said, stepping off.

He took his shirt off in attempt to not totally drown it in sweat. We carried our boards over to the pier and bought a strawberry topped funnel cake for the two of us.

The sun began setting and I realized just how beautiful the California sky was. The colors swirled in with the clouds, growing warmer and more vibrant, while the temperature dropped slightly, one degree at a time. With skies like this, it's no wonder everyone wants to live here.

I looked over at Colby, who was already looking at me, smiling sweetly and popping a strawberry in his mouth.

I giggled, "What are you looking at silly? The view is up there." I pointed up at the sky, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Agree to disagree." He kissed my forehead softly, making me feel more beautiful than the sunset itself.

"How about we watch the sunset from down there?" I pointed at the beach below us as our feet dangled off the pier.

Colby stood up and grabbed both our skateboards as I followed him with the funnel cake in my hand. When we reached the warm sand, I took a large, blue blanket out of his backpack and set it down for us.

"Days like this make living in this city worth it." Colby sat down, patting his lap so that I could lay my head on it.

"You're so sweet. Stop." I aww'd, my dimples making an appearance as my cheeks became rosey.

"Uh...I was talking about the sky but, yeah, sure." He squinted his eyes like I was a lunatic.

"Oh." I laughed.

"I'm kiddinggg." He emphasized on the g.

"No, you're mean!" I pouted, giving him a hard time.

He leaned down and left quick, soft, little kisses all over my neck while chuckling, "I'm just messing with you, gorgeous."

"Okay, okay." I smirked, giving into his cuddles. I shifted around and got comfortable. All that skating around had exhausted me to point that I was fighting my eyelids from shutting on me.