#59 |The Haunted&The Haunting(pt.3)

WOW IT'S BEEN A LONG ASS TIME WHAT. I'm awful, I really am. Anxiety sucks, sorry. 😂

I'm sure at this point you've all read part 1 & 2 of  The Haunted & The Haunting, but if you haven't, make sure to read those so you're not confused.😂

Also, this chapter is kinda graphic, but damn I love writing these scary stories. IN HONOR OF HALLOWEEN BC TIS THE SEASON YO.

Check out this imagine's song!😍😍
Don't forget to vote!❤️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{Your POV}

Colby sat me down and checked his phone. He stood up, looking down at me. "Listen, stay here while I go check out a faster way to get out of here."

I looked up at him like he was crazy, but clearly he was in no mood to argue. "Just be careful." I whispered, hugging my knees and tightly gripping my phone.

He nodded and ran off.

Now, there was nothing I could do, except wait.

I shook, waiting for Colby's return.

The breeze blew past me, causing the dead leaves on the ground to float up and twirl in the wind.

A few minutes went by and all I could ponder about was what Colby said. What in the hell could've been up in those trees? I don't understand.

I was convinced everything would be okay.
I was convinced nothing bad would happen.

But now, I was convinced we wouldn't walk out of here the same way we came in. We would never be the same again.

I sat still, hugging my knees, trying my best to breathe in and out quietly. I broke into a nervous sweat even though the atmosphere was ice cold.

I reached for my phone to turn the flashlight on, not realizing the battery was dead.

"Fuck." I whispered, sliding it into my back pocket again. "Useless piece of shit." I hugged my knees again.

Just as my mind began to wander, I was startled by a static buzz. I jumped, looking around for the source of that awful noise.

Quickly, I noticed the walkie talkie was still in my hoodie pocket from last night. The scratchy voices coming out of the walkie talkie gave me chills.

Who is on the other end of the call?

My hands trembled as I adjusted the knob, fixing the setting so that I could hear clearly.

"C-Colby?" I spoke into the walkie talkie.

The line went silent, followed by a high pitched beep.

I jumped, fixing the setting again until I heard a familiar voice.

"It's me, it's me. Are you okay?" Colby spoke, his voice sweet and low.

I sighed of relief, rubbing my forehead with my right hand. "I- I think so. Where are you?"

"I found a trail map right up the hill. God, every tree looks exactly the same when it's this dark. It's insane! No wonder we're lost." He replied, sounding a bit calmer.