#33 | Dinner Gone Wrong (pt.1)

Yo! Requests will resume on Thursday!
Leila, you're next!🖤

⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️
I'm aware there has been a person on this app harassing some of my readers. Don't hesitate to let me know, and I will take care of it. I may not personally know you guys, but I got your backs!
⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️⛔️

Make sure to vote, comment, and check out this imagine's song!

☝🏻#tb to the old One Direction songs☝🏻
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{Your POV}

"You ready?" I took his hand in mine and gave him a sweet smile.

"Yeah." He took in a deep breath and unlocked the car doors.

Soon enough, we were on the front porch of the house in which I grew up in.

"Do I look okay?" He asked, messing with his hair.

I turned, my back facing towards the door, and reached up to run my fingers through Colby's hair, putting it to the side a bit. "You look really good, babe. Don't worry about it, okay?" I said with a wink.

"I'm just nervous. These are your parents we're talking about." He hesitated.

"Relax, Colby. They're gonna absolutely love you. There's nothing to be nervous about!" I grabbed his hand and he squeezed it as I rang the doorbell.

A few seconds later, my parents opened the door, cheering for my arrival. Without thinking twice about it, they both went in for a hug, causing me to let go of Colby's hand.

"Honey, you look so grown up!" My mom and dad pulled away.

"Come on in!" My dad led us all inside.

"You must be Colby!" My mom said, excitedly.

"That's me! It's a huge pleasure to finally meet you, Mr. and Mrs. (y/l/n)."  Colby awkwardly said, as he hugged my mom. He then reached his hand out to shake my dad's.

My dad firmly shook his hand, intimidating Colby. I could tell this made him even more nervous than he already was. He awkwardly looked down as my dad chuckled.

"Why don't we go sit?" My mom cleared her throat.

At the dinner table, my stress level started going through the roof. What if this was a bad idea after all?

"I still can't believe how grown up you look!" My mom repeated.

"Mom, it's only been a year since you last saw me." I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, well, a lot can change in a year." My dad said, passive aggressively. "I mean look at her, honey. She's got her ears pieced with 2 more holes?" My dad added.

"Oh stop it honey, she looks lovely!" My mom elbowed my dad. "Doesn't she, Colby?" She asked, shooting him a smile.

"Always, Mrs. (Y/l/n)." Colby proudly announced.

My dad cleared his throat. "So, your career, son. What do you do?" My dad leaned his elbows on the table.

"My career, uh... Well see, I'm a Youtuber. And well, I started off on this app called Vine with my best friend-"

My dad cut him off, "Ah, I see. So, you're an internet sensation."

"I- I guess, I don't really love using that term when it comes to-"

He was cut off again, "Well surely you have some sort of real job, correct?" My dad was starting to push a few buttons, I could tell.

"No sir. YouTube is my real job. It's a lot more complex than most people think, I believe." He stuttered a bit.

"Oh, sweetie, would you stop that? The boy is an entrepreneur, what are you talking about?" My mom defended Colby, trying to lighten the mood.

My dad fake smiled, as he nodded while looking directly at Colby. Under the table, I could feel Colby's leg tapping, anxiously.

"Do you mind showing me where the restroom is?" Colby asked, getting up politely.

"Sure, sweetheart. Down the hall and to the left." She pointed.

As soon as Colby was gone, I looked at my dad with confusion all over my face.

"Dad, what are you doing?"

"I hate him. He's not for you." My dad put down his fork.

"What! Why?" I asked.

"First of all, look at the way he dresses. He isn't proper, he has no job, no promising future. How is that supposed to provide for you?" He ranted.

My mom sighed, staying quiet.

"You don't know him dad! He's a hard worker! He's successful in anything he puts his mind to!" I raised my voice.

"He's a bum who makes videos for little girls to drool over! That's all! He's not gonna allow you to do anything with your life!" He exclaimed.

"That's enough! How could you say that? He's shown me nothing but love and support! Is that not enough for you? I'm finally happy!"

"He's useless!" My dad yelled, getting up from his seat. He towered over us, with his hands placed on the table.

Suddenly, as I looked into the hall, Colby stood there listening.

"More peas, anyone?" My mom asked.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OH NO! 😱 Stay tuned for part 2!

Like I said, the next request will be posted on Thursday!!

Make sure to vote! Love y'all!

~Ellie✌🏻