#34 | Dinner Gone Wrong (pt.2)

Here's part 2 of Dinner Gone Wrong!
Vote and check out this imagine's song!

⛔️READ A/N AT THE END!⛔️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{Your POV}

"He's useless!" My dad yelled, getting up from his seat. He towered over us, with his hands placed on the table.

Suddenly, as I looked into the hall, Colby stood there listening.

"More peas, anyone?" My mom asked.

My heart sunk at the hurt expression on Colby's face. How could I have put him through this disastrous night? I shook my head, looking straight at my dad.

"Colby is my boyfriend, dad. There's nothing you can do, or say, that will change my mind about him. I've known him for years now, and I've been there to witness the amazing things he's accomplished along the way. Just like he knows me, I know all about him, and the type of person he is. I'm sorry you're not wise enough to see that." I spat out, running out of breath.

My mother's jaw dropped and my father's eyes burned with anger.

"Let's go, Colby. This was a mistake." I stood up, grabbing my purse as Colby followed me out. His head hung low, ashamed and intimidated by my father's presence.

"Sweetie, don't go, please! You guys just got here!" My mom followed us out, leaving my dad alone at the dinner table.

"Mom, I'm sorry. I just can't. That was not okay. I don't wanna be here anymore." I said, tearing up.

"Oh, honey. I'm truly sorry. You know your father only wants what's best for you." She hugged me and swayed.

"But mom, Colby is the one I love. And he loves me." I said as he nodded in agreement. "He is what's best for me. He knows me better than anyone else, including you guys. I'm a grown up now, I can make my own decisions."

My mom nodded, hearing me out. "I know, doll. I believe you." She then gave Colby a hug as he thanked her for the meal. "Colby, you're a great kid. I'm sure you're an amazing young man. Now, y'all go home and be happy. We'll stay in touch?" My mom said, turning towards me.

I nodded and we left.

The car ride was dead silence.

In the hotel, Colby finally broke the ice. "See? That's exactly what I was afraid of." He sat at the foot of the bed, running his hands through his hair.

"Babe, don't listen to my dad." I took my heels off and kneeled in front of him, causing him to look me in the eyes.

"But he's your dad, (y/n). You know how important it is to me that your parents like me?" He was so upset, it was killing me.

"Hey, you're an amazing guy. Colby, none of what he said matters. What matters is that you make me the happiest I've ever been." I said softly, as he looked away, sighing.

I stood up, and after changing into something more comfortable, I climbed onto the bed. "Come cuddle." I patted the space next to me. He did as told and I laid my head on his chest. "You're my everything." I said as I interlaced my fingers onto his.

He stayed quiet.

"You do so much more than make videos."

"Your dad doesn't seem to think that." He said, quietly.

"I don't care what he thinks. Colby, you save lives. TLP has saved lives, you know that?" I said, seriousness in my voice.

He nodded slightly.

"On top of that, you taught me that other people's opinions don't matter. Before you, I was a mess. My life depended on what other people thought of me. I was always so worried about what everyone else thought, that I could never fully be myself. But then, you came along and you- you changed that. And for that, I thank you, Colby."

He looked at me with deep, saddened eyes.

"He'll come around. And if he doesn't... He's missing out. Because you're the best." I said, causing his lips to curve up into a small smile.

"I love you." I added. "And I'm so sorry about all of this."

"It's not your fault. I love you, (y/n). Thank you for defending me." His dimples showed as he spoke.

"I'd do anything for you, baby." I kissed his lips softly.

He kissed back as he cupped my face in one hand, and placed the other on the small of my back. Passion began to grow between the two of us.

And all that mattered now was how madly in love we were.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A lot of y'all have been asking me to update a part 2 of both:

•Noises In The Woods
•Call 911 Now

Part 2 for both of those have already been posted on ZoeWayMCR and malllloryyyy 's Colby imagine books.😍

HOWEVER... I was thinking of posting an ALTERNATIVE part 2 of those in my imagine book.
Just for fun.💁🏼

This means parts 2 of both of those imagines will be different than Mallory's and Zoe's.

Let me know if you'd like me to do that!

~Ellie✌🏻