memories from way back

The Past

Ronda stood pacing the living room screaming at her teen daughter. The words that spit from her mouth was like venom to her daughter Te'ambrah. "I'm so sick of you... all u think about is yourself and them hood ass kids you hang with. Do u really think they love you dummy"?

"Mom, I'm not doing anything wrong at all and I am not a dummy mama" Te'ambrah cried out.
Ronda wasn't trying to hear nothing her daughter said though."You is a liar, I know what you do you forget I birthed ya slow ass". Ronda was so pissed with her child that she didn't realize that the words that she spit from her mouth cut her daughter deep.

Te'ambrah stood there in the middle of the floor with hurtful eyes. "Mama please let me stay". Ronda shook her head no as she sat down on the couch and lit a cigarette. Once she blow her first patch of smoke from her mouth she continued "You not staying here I can't raise you I've tried. I have a man in my life that is trying to love me, do u think I got time keep up with ya hot ass"?

Te'ambrah lowered her eyes at her mother not wanting to believe this was coming from her mouth. Ronda use to be the sweetest mother when Te'ambrah was a little girl. They had a real family bond until Ronda find out Te'ambrah's father David was married to another woman of 9 years. He left Ronda and Te'ambrah behind to go back to his wife. Everything went down hill from there, Ronda lost everything from her house down to her car. Most of her family had basically turned they backs on them leaving her with no choice to move to the projects in East Chicago. Things were just rough from there on out.

"I need to do whats best for me and I can't if I have to run and watch behind you".Ronda said smartly as she twisted her neck in a circular rotation. "Mama please I will be good I promise". Ronda shook her head no, still smoking her cigarette.

Just then there was a knock on the door....

*Scene faded off*

***************************************************************************************

Present day-

Nineteen year old Te'ambrah continued daydreaming about the last time she seen her mother before she was forced to move to the country with her aunt Lauren on her mother's side. Lauren was all they honestly had left, she loved her neice dearly and would have did anything for her. She knew her sister wasn't in her right state of mind when she gave Te'ambrah away and that's why she showered her with more love. A gently knock on her bedroom door shaking Te'ambrah out of her thoughts, Glancing at the door she stood face to face with her aunt Lauren. Te'ambrah smiled a little causing Lauren to smile back at her. Had it not been for Lauren and her cousin Krissy, she had no clue how her life would have turned out.

"You ready to go"? Aunt Lauren asked calmly.
Te'ambrah nodded her head. "Ok baby we'll be in the car waiting for you" Lauren said still standing in the door way.

Te'ambrah gave a slight nod and with that Lauren left the room where Te'ambrah continued to stand alone, looking out the window. She let out a sigh as she grab her last duffle bag of top her neatly made queen size bed and exit the room. She turned and gave her room one last look before cutting off the light and closing the door. She was confused of if her plans were to just stay gone for the week and come back or to leave here and never come back. At the end of the day she was an adult now and it was time she started making her own decisions. Te'ambrah had grew into a beautiful young woman. Her light brown skin glowed and her long natural straight hair flowed down her back. She was a beauty queen fr,and her body stood out for attention were she was built in all the right places. But behind all that beauty and her curved body, she held so much pain in her life.
Once she got in the truck joined with her aunt Lauren, her Eighteen year old cousin Krissy, and their Nineteen year old friend and dance partner Destiny. She got comfortable in the backseat next to destiny and put on her headphone for this long ride they were about to take.

"You ready to go back home"? Destiny asked with a smile.
"I guess" replied Te'ambrah not really seeming to thrilled as she searched for a song to listen to on her phone.
Krissy sitting in the passenger seat, glanced to the back at Te'ambrah,"Why u don't seem excited". She asked her cousin as she giggled. Honestly Krissy was more than excited to leave the country she called home even if it was for a week. To just be able to be free and spread her wings without someone down her neck said enough.
No words came from Te'ambrah's mouth at that moment, instead she just stared up at Krissy for a second before looking back down at her phone. "I don't know about her, but I'm excited for this new journey" said Destiny.
Krissy added in "I know right, to get away from here for a couple days and tear the stage up like we always do, I'm more than excited." Kristy and Destiny slapped hands agreeing with each other causing Lauren to chuckle a little as she started to pull off.

Lauren glanced back at Te'ambrah thru the mirror noticing Te'ambrah leaned back in deep thought. The thing was even though Destiny and Krissy didn't notice or understand Te'ambrah's mode change she did. Lauren knew that Te'ambrah wanted to go home to Chicago, but just the thought of her reuniting with her mother wasn't part of her plan, she didn't want to bump into Ronda what so ever. Te'ambrah was determined she wouldn't forgive or forget how Ronda treated her, she just wanted her to stay far away from her for her time being there.
Te'ambrah got more comfortable in her seat as she closed her eyes and began to think of Memories from way back again....