Ashlei

Te'ambrah

I continued to rock Ashlei as she kept going in and out of conscious. I talked about old times as she laid on my lap listening... Her heart was slowly fading and all I wanted her to do was stay woke.
"If I don't make it... Let my nephew know I love him" she said in between taking breaks.

Tears rolled down my eyes, I couldn't stand the fact that my sister was slowly dying in my face. What was I gonna do without her besides the crew she was the only blood family I had left.
I glanced up at the small basement window and came up with a idea.

"Ashlei I need you to listen to me.. I see a way we might can escape" I said still looking At the window.

"No Te'ambrah" he voice cracked.

"Yes we can get outta here"

"Im to weak all i would do is slow you down just leave me".

"I'm not leaving you here we gonna get out of here together" I said.

"Te...  I can't move" she said in a whisper.

I looked down at her pants and seen blood coming from between her legs.

I began to sob hard " What did he do to you"?

Tears rolled down Ashlei face...

"Ima bout to get us outta here" I said about to stand up until she stopped me.

"Te'ambrah if you get outta here leaving don't you look back" she said in between short breaths.

"What... There's no way I'm leaving you"...

She cut me off "Yes Te'ambrah go get help or something but don't you come back here alone I'll be ard tell you get back" she said as she started to slip into a deep sleep.

I cried hard as I felt my sister heart beat make slow beats I kissed her face and laid her head down gently on the floor.

"I'm coming back for you I promise" I whispered in her ear before struggling to get up....
I was determined to get us outta here....