Chapter LIV

Kim and I were sitting of the couch, chins resting on knees while every wolf that wasn't on patrol carted my boxes into the house.

"Jake, maybe it was just-"

He growled and I fell silent. Quil had a two boxes with him, both of which he set on the ground and began opening.

"Not that one!" I all but shouted, lunging towards him. Jake's arm wrapped around my waist and hauled me away. "Jake, not that box!"

"We're going through all of them, Annie. I want to know what this bastard touched," Jake said into my ear. I was still fighting him.

"I don't want the guys going through that box, Jake; you can later or something!" I whispered back, uselessly struggling in his hold.

Too late.

Quil pulled out one of my bras, the blue one covered in white lace. And somewhere in there was the matching underwear set. Jake growled and dropped me to the ground, pushing Quil away and lugging to box off to his room.

"I told you not that box," I said hen Jake returned. He looked so angry all I wanted to do was laugh.

"Are there any more like that?" he ground out between clenched teeth. I shook my head, but Jake just nodded.

"Do you see what happens when you don't listen to me?" He just snarled, grabbing another box from the couch and opening it. Kim and I just sat on the sofa, waiting for them to finish. Poor Kim; Jared was so on edge. I knew what that felt like.

"Ryanne!" Leah shouted as she walked into the room. "I have-" She stopped as she noticed everyone standing in the room.

"Why does it reek in here?"

"Let's take a walk, Leah," I suggested, pushing myself off the couch slowly.

"Annie," Jake growled in warning.

"I'll just be with Leah. She's protected me well enough at the gym."

He growled. "Just to the beach," he said, more to Leah than to me. Leah nodded curtly. Emily looked a little disheartened that we were going on a walk to talk about something without her. But I had promised Leah I wouldn't press. I couldn't even begin to guess how it felt to have your best friend steal your boyfriend, even if it wasn't intentional.

"You smell leech, you get her back here before you phase. Understood?"

"You're not Alpha yet, Black," Leah said, dragging me towards the door. "What is his problem lately?"

"Leave Jake alone; he's a little on edge and I'm not exactly helping things. Every time we think that we get to be a normal couple, something happens."

"Have you thought about how you're going to kill your sister?"

"I'm not; I mean, I've thought a lot about how I would but I won't do it. Clearly Bella's life sucks if she has to-"

"Suck face with your boyfriend?"

"Not what I was going to say," I said, punching her lightly.

"And yet, so true. I think you should kill her."

"I think you should tell me what you came running into the house to tell me," I said.

"Nate and I went out and got coffee," she whispered.

"They're all at the house; they can't hear you."

"Annie, please be serious."

"Leah, please give me something to be serious about."