Epilogue

It was kind of depressing to see the school year end. Especially knowing that it was our last year. La Push High School had been a source of much joy, many tears, and even more hardship. But after four years, it was finally over. Jake and I were going to be moving on to bigger and better things. "Jacob Black," the principal called. I wasn't going to lie; I was kind of impressed that he made it this far. I was sure that he was going to have to drop out at some point. But he had figured out everything and how to take care of it.

He held potluck Pack meetings in our living room every Sunday. Everyone came over and talked about anything and everything that could be happening. He ran the morning shift of patrol, from three in the morning until seven. And then we went to school. He didn't sleep all that much, but somehow he was managing to get it all done. He'd even managed to get into a mechanical engineering school. Sam had used his own degree to open a garage. I think that the plan was for all of the guys to have a job, to have a way to make an income. And while Sam knew nothing about cars, he did have a degree in business and a solid plan.

Kim and Jared were planning their wedding, although I think that it should be called Kim's wedding. Sam and Emily, while still unmarried, were expecting their first child. Leah and Nate lived in their blissful married paradise. Nate was going to the police academy in hopes of getting a job that I'm sure my father would be more than willing to offer. I actually think that Dad was waiting for Nate to finish up his schooling. Leah was still the bitch on the Rez, but she had definitely mellowed out around the Pack. Whatever had happened between Nate and Sam had brought peace to the rest of the wolves.

I had never met anyone that I had as much fun with as I did with Leah and Penn. It was common knowledge that Charlie, Emily, and Kim were the nice imprints in the Pack. Leah, Penn, and I had bad habits of being pains in the asses and just straight out bitches. And, of course, there was little Claire. I kind of felt bad for Quil; all of his friends were going to be married and having children that were the same age as imprint. He didn't appear to be too upset by it, though. He thoroughly enjoyed spending time with the little minion. She knew about the wolves, but called the guys puppies. She definitely had no fear of them.

I guess I hadn't been paying attention though because the next thing that I heard was, "Ryanne Swan." There was a pause during which nobody moved. "Ryanne Swan," he repeated. I was jarred out of my little reverie and knocked back into the moment. I stood up, my royal blue gown flowing around my ankles despite my five inch heels. In a practice motion, thanks to Leah and Penn, I made it down the stairs of the bleachers and across the little stage and back to my seat. The rest of the ceremony was a blur. It was just like every other ceremony that I had ever seen. "Ladies and gentlemen, this year's graduating class!"

There was a roar as we all stood up and threw our caps like everyone did in those cheesy movies. In the next instant, I was being crushed against Jake's chest and flying through the air. He spun me around until I was laughing and choking on my own throat. Only then, when I was moments from dying, did he put me down. He captured the back of my head in his hand and pulled me down for a dangerous kiss. It had only bee a few minutes later when we heard chuckles from behind us. "Okay, okay, you two. Break it up," Dad commanded. He clapped Jake on the shoulder and pulled me into an awkward hug. But it was always awkward when Dad showed real affection.

"You... You didn't invite Bella and Edward to this event did you?" I teased. Jake growled but wisely kept his mouth shut.

"No," Dad said, drawing out the 'o'. "I did not invite your sister to your graduation."

"Oh, sure; I had to go to hers but she doesn't have to go to mine," I grumbled. Again, Jake snarled at my jesting. Dad opened and closed his mouth like a fish, talking about how he assumed that I wouldn't want Bella there but he would have invited her if he'd known. I eventually took pity on him and told him that I was kidding. "Let's get back to the house," I suggested.