Chapter LXXXIII

"Leah, will you please just kill me before we have to go to this thing?"

"No; Jake would kill me, my day would be ruined, and it would take all the fun out of torturing you. Besides, you have no one to blame but yourself," Leah replied, her eyes fixed on the rain slicked road.

"What are you talking about?"

"Rye, you had the chance to call your sister on her shit and make sure that your dad knew what a manipulative bitch she is. But you didn't. A part of my brain gets it. I understand that you don't want him to worry about you and Bella. But you have to fight back at some point, Ryanne."

"I do fight back."

"No, you fight her. You wait until you can't take anymore and then you explode. That's no healthier than letting it all go to hell like you've been doing. Find the medium, bitch. You're disappointing me. You used to be so much bitchier than this." I smiled at her and snorted a laugh. "Now, turn your bitch switch on and let's go hang out with some vamps."

The rest of the group was waiting in the lobby of the stupid dress shop. I honestly didn't understand the point of it. I didn't know why the dresses had to be so perfect on each of us. Wasn't the whole point of this to have everyone look at Bella? Why couldn't I wear sweatpants? Better yet, why did I have to bet here at all?

I guess Leah was right; I had brought the whole thing on myself. I could've stood up to my sister and told my dad the truth. But I didn't. I could've told Bella that I wasn't going to be a fucking bridesmaid in her wedding. But I didn't. I sighed and grabbed Leah's arm that I noticed shaking.

"Will you stop that? You can't just kill them."

"I wish that I could," she growled.

"Shut up, Leah." She laughed a little at me.

"Seriously, Leah, it's hard enough to go through this without you sitting in my ear and calling me a whiny little whore."

"I didn't call you a whore," she countered.

"No, but you're the bitch so I can't exactly take that title from you."

The last two weeks had been filled with nonstop wedding planning. All the plans that I'd thought Alice would have... yeah no. She wanted us all to be a part of this experience. Rosalie looked like she could barely tolerate my sister and the look on Leah's face was fucking priceless. My poor pack sister was caught somewhere between disgust, amusement, and barely contained anger. It was the look on her face that kept me going through the rest of the visit.

"Your sister-in-law-to-be has to have the worst taste in clothing that I have ever seen," Leah whispered as I looked at the lilac purple dress. It was simple and had potential to be nice. Unfortunately, the long A-lined strapless dress was adorned by a big ass bow... on my ass. The white sash wrapped around my waist and tied into some stiff bow on my lower back.

"It's Bella's wedding. No matter what you say, I know that you have pictured Emily's wedding back when you liked her." She growled at the mention of Emily's name.

"You could at least be polite about it," I muttered under my breath.

"I don't have to be."

"Okay, you two. We're here for dresses. Is there anyway that you could focus on something other than each other?" Rosalie said.

"I mean, you wouldn't know much about that, would you Rosalie?" She glared at me. "When was the last time you didn't look in a mirror after getting dressed? Or, do you do it every hour?"

She hissed and crouched down in her dress. Leah shoved me behind her and stood with a deathly glare, looking down at Rosalie and daring her to make another move. "And here I thought you were playing nice," Alice said. "Although your actions would be easier to predict if I could see around the mutt." Leah snarled.