Chapter LXXXII: Jacob's Point of View

Two weeks had passed since we'd gotten the damn invitation to Bella's fucking wedding. I couldn't believe that she was actually going to let the leech marry her. I was pissed that they were getting closer to the humans, but more than anything, I was fucking livid that they would technically be a part of her family. The good news was: that counted for nothing. Absolutely nothing. Because Annie was my family and they would never get to claim her.

By the grace of God, the leeches had agreed that Annie could have Leah there with her and the stupid fucking dress salon. I had given Annie the truck keys and made sure that the tank was full before she and Leah had left to make the trip to Olympia for the damn dresses. I watched them drive away before I went to go check on Nate. That was the deal. If Leah was going to make sure that my imprint was safe, I was going to protect hers while she was gone.

"You good, man?" I asked as I walked into Leah's house.

"Does anyone on this reservation knock?" he asked.

"Nah; too time consuming. I have to go run an errand in town. You good?"

"I'm not going anywhere if that's what you mean. Sue says the sink's been pretty shitty for the last little while, so I thought that I'd take care of it for her," he explained.

"You know anything about plumbing?"

"Yeah," he grunted as he crawled under the sink. "Are you going or are you going to talk to me?"

"Okay, point taken. I'll catch you later, Nate." I jumped in the Rabbit, ducking my head to keep myself in the car. It would be easier to run, but not for where I needed to go.

Carlisle and Sam had come to the agreement that we could work together more, allowing us into Forks. Naturally they would come to this agreement after Annie and I had gotten back from Port Angeles. But then again, a lot of things had changed after we got back. Leah and Nate had finally gotten their shit together, which was good for them. But more important than Leah and her imprint, was mine. I had spoken to Annie about the wedding. We had decided as a pair that we would go to the wedding.

But as I laid in bed that night, I wasn't nearly as happy as I thought I would be. I'd had the greatest weekend with the most beautiful girl and had it been ruined by her sister. And I was kind of pissed off at Annie. I loved the girl with everything that I had in my body, but damn if she wasn't rolling over and submitting to her sister. She was the mate of an Alpha, whether I had claimed the birth right or not. She was not one that should be rolling over to her sister. I was more than a little pissed that she'd failed to tell her father the truth.

Physically, any of my brothers could protect Annie just as well as I could. They may not have the passion for it that I do, but they could do it if the occasion called for it. But what they couldn't do was protect her emotionally. That was something that I only I could do and that only I should be responsible for. I pulled up to the Swan house and jumped out of the car, glad to find that the cruiser was in the driveway.

I knocked on the door, waiting for Charlie to open the door. Normally, I would just walk in, but this was more than just a normal visit.

"Jake, what's on your mind?"

"We need to talk about something, Charlie," I said seriously.

He pushed the door open a little wider and turned to walk into the living room. He detoured through the kitchen and grabbed a beer and soda before settling in his world famous chair.

"You're not here to ask for Ryanne's hand are you? Because I'm not ready to let go of that one just yet." I smiled and shook my head. I wanted to inform him that he had kind of just said that Annie was his favorite.