The 80's fandom

The 80's fandom is like a huge club of hopeless romantics, we all have our one actress and or actor who we swoon over completely. And it's super awesome when you get talking with other fandom members, everyone's very enthusiastic about their favorite actress/actors works.

You always find out about movies from that decade you never knew about from new people, these movies are very unpopular but they're golden, they're absolutely wonderful and it's like thank you, you beautiful soul for showing me this rare piece of beauty, I shall treasure it forever.

And everyone has their few movies they obsess over and if you're ever in a group chat and say "any movie suggestions?" They'll spam the movie titles over and over again, even if they know you've seen the film about 10,178 times.

We're all also pretty chill with kids from the 90's too, because we are obsessed with the 90's as well as the 80's. So, if there's any older people in the fandom from the 90's they're always about us 00's kids, they adore the fact that we watch and love the stuff they grew up on.

Combining generations is amazing, if you're like me and have a rapidly growing collection of 80's/90's movies on DVD, you're parents most likely will bond with you over them.

there's always that one envious moment when you best internet friend messages you, "LOOK AT THIS MOVIE I GOT!!" And it's the one you've been wanting for ages. You literally have searched every store in your town and a couple of the towns surrounding, you went online too and the movie was always way more money than you had. But you have to learn to be happy for them, and happy for the new addition to their collection which is tying in size with yours.

If there's ever books for any of the movies the fandom likes, the couple kids who read the books feel like they hold some super special knowledge of left out characters and scenes that explain a lot of things. You could make many references to the book and people would reply with "??????" But you know it was from the book of their favorite film.

Also, if a member and another member become friends and they both are in love with a certain actress/actor, they either bond over it or threaten them, even if the person is 40 years old now.

That's another bad thing, the person you love so deeply is 40 years of age, they could be your parent. But it's not like you're In love with their current self, you're in love with their 80's teenage self, and that sometimes can be hard to explain to others, they just assume you're in love with an old man or woman. (Not saying 40 year olds are old lmao)

Oh, I forgot to mention a slightly creepy thing us 80's fandom members all probably do, we talk to our friends about our parents a lot, but not like the way you'd think, chill babe. We mostly talk about how many articles of clothing we own from them, all of their life stories from the 80's and we also send in pictures and vote who's parents had the best hair, it's a blast (and sometimes your friend's dad was cute as fuck  and your other friends agree with you, causing your one friend to spam the chat "EWwww YOU GUYS ARE SICK" it's 10/10)

Lmao, we literally could own a movie on DVD and have had seen it 3,287 times, but if we ever see that movie in the store, we freak out and fangirl, and for me, my older sister is normally like "the goonies? Isn't that the one with... What's his name? Sam Astim" WHAT THE FUCK ITS SEAN ASTIN WHO'S SAM ASTIM

and man, you always try to get your siblings to get into the 80's but whenever they watch a movie from that decade with you, they genuinely like it but after it ends you excitedly talk at the speed of light, "how'd you like it? For this being my 57th time I've watched this movie, this week, I would have to say I very much enjoyed it." And they'd reply with "eh, it was fine."

ITS THE MOST FRUSTRATINGTHING IN THE WHOLE WORLD
My older sister only really likes The Breakfast Club, Heathers and Adventures In Babysitting and my little sister only like The Explorers AND ALL OF WHICH ARE GOOD ASS MOVIES BUT I WANT THEM TO LIKE MORE GOOD ASS MOVIES

This rant is ending but the moral of the story is, us 80's fandom folk are the coolest folks around so yeah