New Year, New Status

Believe me, going back to school more than just the soccer captain was amazing. People recognized the glee club as champs. They stopped the slushy facials.
Kurt and Rachel left for NYADA in New York. Finn went to the Army. Puckerman moved to LA. Quinn went to Yale. Mercedes went to to be a backup singer with a celebrity. Mike went to a dance school. Santana went to cheer for a school in Kentucky.
To tell you the truth, I spent my summer chilling. Sebastian and I spent most of our summer together, not all. At some point, I flew to Seattle for my Grandmas 84th birthday.
"Hey, Tessa Sawyer! How does it feel to be National champs in both soccer and glee club?" The school reporter ran up to me.
"Great. Your finally reporting on something useful." I greeted.
"One more question, is it true that you have been seeing The New Directions nemesis, Sebastian Smythe?" He asked.
"No. I don't date Warblers. He made Blaine have surgery." I growled. Crud. I'm screwed. This better not go viral. Blaine and Kurt will probably strangle me if they found out. "Now if you don't mind, I have to go to class."
I walked to Glee club with Sam. We both are seniors. It was going to be an amazing year. Not being slushed. I'm one of the most popular people here! It's great.
    Mr. Schuester walked into Glee club. Everybody clapped.
   "National champs return!" He encouraged. We cheered louder. "Now I know we lost some of our strong voices, but I promise we will put the spotlight on our strong voices in here." We all clapped.
    "So when are auditions?" I brought up.
    "You guys don't need to audition, but we have a lot of auditions to watch." He nodded. We all smiled. I was so happy I didn't have to audition.
    After school, I drove in my new car to Dalton Academy. I wanted to surprise Sebastian.
To: Sebastian
Meet me in front of Dalton.
   I waited for about five minutes until he walked out of the school. I honked at him. He looked up, and smiled. I made a hand gesture waving him to come in my car. He opened the door.
    "Hey." I greeted with excitement.
    "Hi." He smiled. "Why are you so happy?" He asked.
    "Senior year, and I'm now the most popular kid in school. No more slushy facials, and this new car. Then I also have an adorable boyfriend." I explained.
    "That sounds amazing." He nodded. We leaned in, and kissed each other.
    "How was your day? Have their been any new recruits in the Warblers?" I bought up.
    "Well, some non-high school student who is supposed to be captain of the Warblers, but he is not in high school anymore." He explained.
    "Ah, lets go do something to lift that frown upside down." I told him. He chuckled.
    "I love it when your happy." He compliments.
    "I love it when your supportive." I smirked. "The Lima Bean?" I offered.
    "Sure." He nodded.

—–——————–——————–——————–—

   Glee club recruitments. We have to find star quality out of the 50 or so students who auditioned. The New Directions and I sat in the audience while we watched many auditions.
   "Up next we have Marley." Mr. Schuester announced.

Some folks like to get away
For a holiday from the neighborhood
Hop a flight to Miami Beach
Or to Hollywood
But I'm taking a Greyhound
On the Hudson River Line
I'm in a New York state of mind

It was so easy living day by day
Out of touch with the rhythm and the blues
But now I need a little give and take

The New York Times,

The Daily News

It comes down to reality
And it's fine with me
'cause I've let it slide

Don't care if it's Chinatown or on Riverside

I don't have any reasons

I've left them all behind

I'm in a New York state of mind

I'm just taking a Greyhound

On the Hudson River Line

'Cause I'm in

I'm in a New York state of

Mind

New York State of Mind

   We all clapped. After she walked off the stage, Mr. Schue opened his mouth.
   "Now that's star quality!" He praised.