The Game Plan Gone Wrong:

I paced down the hall towards the choir room.
"Where you going?" A very familiar voice asked.
"Home." I answered angrily.
"Tessa, please can we talk?" Sebastian begged.
"What's the point! You clearly were just using me!" I raised my voice.
"No, I wasn't." I disagreed.
"Then why are you so desperate to win Sectionals by cheating?" I challenges him. He was hesitant. "That's what I thought." I paced to the choir room. He made this whole week worse. Loosing my boyfriend to a stupid competition and my brother passing away. Before I went into the choir room, I decided to go back home. I can't handle watching this.
When I got home I texted Finn.
To: Finn
Good Luck!
I put my phone on my dresser, and stared at Dylan's Picture. I had his football jersey framed on the wall. I couldn't think about anything, but my broken heart.
I remembered the day Sam and Mercedes told me about their concerns of me dating him. Who knew their prediction was true.
    I lied there thinking what a waste of time I spent liking that Backstabbing demon. He broke me.

————–—————–—————–—————–—

    It's been a few weeks since The New Directions lost Sectionals to the Warblers. Sam is convinced they did some sort of performance enhancement drug. I didn't care.
    I've been training hard since I had a huge soccer scout coming to my game in a few weeks. I had to train my but off if I wanted the scholarship.
    The halls were crowded. I went to the locker room and dressed into my training jersey. I got to the field, and began my sprints around the track.
     "Tessa! Can you please slow down!" Sam yelled. I ignored him. He began to run. "We need to talk." He pants as he catches up to me.
     "No, I've got to be the best of the best." I kept running. He grabbed me, where I couldn't run anymore.
     "Tessa, I know your hurting from Sebastian, but you need to stop pushing yourself." He confronts.
     "No, I push myself not to make the same mistake I did when I first fell for him." I disagreed as I sprinted off.
{Sam's POV}
    She usually isn't this difficult. I knew she had something else up with her.
    I walked into the Lima Bean where I guessed he would be here. I had to talk to him. He must know something.
    "Smythe, I need to talk to you." I walked up to his table.
     "Listen, I apologized. She won't respond." He stated.
     "No, I mean, there's something up with Tessa." I disagreed with him. He raised his eyebrows.
    "What do you mean?"
    "I'm not sure. There's just something up. It seems as if she lost something that kept herself together. Now it seems as if she is missing something." I explained.
     "Really?" He stuttered. "Why are you teling me this? We broke up remember?"
    "I know, but I need you to do me a favor." I commented.
{Tessa's POV}
    It's just an average home field game. I did my pre game wake up with the team. Many of the students came to support our team. We were back-to-back state champions.
    "Okay, bring it in!" I rounded up the team. I was captain, and I was in charge of getting our warm ups and before game speech. "I know we have one the championships each year, but that doesn't mean we start slacking off. We are going to be fighters. No matter what the score is we will survive this. Let's kick some butt." We out our hands in and did the count down and our cheer.
    I got in my starting position, as the ref walked very slowly onto the field.
{Sam's POV}
       I saw Sebastian come and sit in the bleachers behind us. My plan was for the Sebastian sing a song with the New Directions and I to cheer her on during the game. We were going to do it later during the game.
    "This better work." Sebastian mumbles into my ear from behind.
    "Trust me, it will. She needs to regain what she lost." I muttered back. The whistle blew, and according to her, she usually played this position called 'attacking mid fielder'.
     Part way through the game, she scored a her fifth goal in this game. She went back to her side of the field. The other team was making a substitution with there mid fielder. She was about the same height as her. She seemed to be more muscular on her arms and legs.
   Tess, dribbled the ball as the girl pushed her from her back. She stumbled forward. Everybody made a 'Oooooh' sound effect. She got up, and looked to be shaking it off her shoulders. She took a deep breath. It was a free kick. One of her teammates took the kick.
    I nodded at Sebastian as we looked at everybody.  We began to sing. We choose something from a classic Disney movie since we wanted to motivate her.

We can't
We can't back down
We can't back down
We can't back down
We can't back down

      She made a long run across  the field.

Not right now
We can't back down
Not right now
We can't back down
We can't back down

     She received the ball, and began to dribble with it down the field.

Don't close your eyes
We're all in this together
Wherever we draw the line

   That one defender went up behind her right as she began to kick the ball. The girl karate kicked her left knee. She stumbled to the ground.

We're not gonna stra—

     We stopped singing. Everybody stood up as she was on the ground.

{Tessa's POV}

    I held me knee tight. It felt like something snapped in half. My knee was in major pain. The referee waved for Coach to come onto the field. Coach ran to the field.
"Tess, can you walk off the field?" He asked. I shook my head holding me knee. He waved for a teammate for help that was on the sideline. I wrapped my arm on Tea's shoulder, then my other arm on coach. They lifted me up enough where I can hop on one foot with there help. When I got off the sideline, I sat down on the ground. My brother, Chad, who is staying with us in Lima for a year or so, came down to the other side of the field.
"Hi, your Tessa's brother, right?" My coach introduced as I received a temporary wrap to wrap around my knee.
"Hello." He shook my coaches hand.
"If I were you, I would bring her to the doctor right away. Her knee doesn't look to good." My coach explained.
"Okay. Thanks coach." He nodded. He came over, and picked me up Bridal style. I know, I know, but it's the easier solution.
{Sam's POV}
"I swore that was going to work." I stuttered.
"Guess you were wrong." Sebastian patted me on the shoulder.
"I don't understand why." I wondered. Luckily Blaine wasn't here. He was in New York for the weekend.
{Tessa's POV}
When my knee got an x-ray, Chad and I waited in the small room. I twiddled with my fingers while waiting.
"What happened out there?" Chad brought up.
"I'm not sure." I shrugged.
"It all just fell apart after those groups of kids started to sing." He commented.
"Yeah, the New Directions think I'm going through a rough time, but I'm fine." I explained.
"I feel like your hiding something. Come in... Tell your big bro what's going on." He patted me on the back.
"That same week Dylan passed away, my boyfriend sort of used me just so he could win Sectionals." I admitted.
"Wow. That's tough." He sighed. "I'm no Dylan when it comes to these things, but I think you need to get back on your feet. Remember that before all that happened, you were a champion in soccer for three years straight, and a glee club national champion." He reminded.
"Thanks. Your a great brother." I hugged him. The doctor walked in.