Funny Buisiness

You woke up to your aunt Petunia banging on your cupboard door. "Get up." She banged on the door. "Get up!Now!" She growled. You sat up in your small bed. You slept in the cupboard under the stairs with your twin brother, Harry.

You shared the small bed, and it got less and less comfortable as you grew. "Morning." Harry groaned smiling at you. "Morning." You said rubbing your eyes. Suddenly a rumble came from the stairs, then ran back up, and back down.

Small flakes of dust fell from the top of the tiny space. "Wake up Potters! We're going to the zoo!" It was Dudley, the dreaded, plump, arrogant cousin of yours who was more spoiled than anyone you knew. You and Harry looked at each other, rolled your eyes and threw your heads back with a groan.

You two climbed out from under the stairs and paused in front of the kitchen door and sighed, it was Dudleys birthday. Harry led you into the kitchen. "Just cook the breakfast and try not to ruin anything."

Aunt petunia hissed at the two of you. "Yes aunt petunia." You both answered at the same time. "Hurry up, where's my coffee girl?" You grabbed his cup of coffee that Harry handed to you. "Here you are Uncle Vernon." You walked back into the kitchen. "Rock paper scissors on who has the dishes?" "Share, please?" You agreed. "How many are there!?" Dudley suddenly screamed and you and Harry looked up to see him throwing a tantrum.

"36, counted them myself." "36! 36 but last year, last year I had 37!" You and Harry quickly ate having a feeling the table was gonna be turned over soon. "Listen here sweetums, later when we go out we'll get you two new presents, how's that?" Dudley agreed and you and Harry shared a look of disgust. "Be greatful you prat." You hissed under your breath and the three turned to you shocked. Dudley walked over to you with an angry look that didn't even scare you, but Harry grabbed your arm and tugged you back some.

"What did you call me, you filthy orphan!?" You stepped up close to him. "I said, you, were an grateful, prat." You said confidently and he looked at you shocked and backed off. "Mummy, do they have to come, they'll ruin my birthday." He started to fake cry. "I'm sorry sweetie but there's no one to watch them, we won't let them ruin anything I promise pumpkin."

"You two, go get dressed." Aunt petunia hissed and you grabbed some clothes out of the cupboard and took turns changing. You climbed out as Uncle Vernon came by.

"Brush your hair boy, and do something with that long mess of yours." He said to the two of you. Harry helped you brush your hair back into a pony tail and you attempted to fix his. "Lets go." You huffed walking to the car. You reached for the door and uncle Vernon closed it in front of the two of you.

"I'm warning you two, any funny business, and you won't have any meals for a week, and cover those scars of yours." You both nodded then you pulled your hair down to cover the scar on your neck as Harry fixed his bangs. Weird things always happened when you or Harry went somewhere, or even just at home. No matter how many times aunt petunia tried cutting his hair, it would grow back over night, same for yours. "Get in." He hissed and you and Harry argued briefly on who would sit by Dudley, you lost.

You got to the zoo and first went to the reptile exhibit. "Make it move." Dudley wined. Uncle Vernon tapped the glass. "Move." He commanded. Then Dudley banged the glass so hard you thought it would break. "Move!" "He's asleep!" Harry defended and the three left you two to look at the snake.