Never Again

You woke up in the hospital wing, you jolted up quickly but almost immediately regretted your decision from the pain in your chest. "Woah easy love, lay back down everything's okay." Draco said jumping up from the chair next to you and helping you. "I don't want to lay down, where's Harry, what happened- Sirius what happened to Sirius!"

You began to yell and trying to get up. "(Y/N) relax!" Draco said snapping you back into reality. "I didn't mean to yell, but you can imagine how I feel when your brother of all people comes up to me in the hall way saying you were in the hospital wing and there was no time to explain." He said. You noticed his eyes were really red.

You looked down and saw your arm and chest had been bandaged up."Draco, you've been crying." You said reaching up and cupping his face in your hand. "Look at yourself, of course I've been crying. Dog bite to the arm and what looks like large claw marks across your chest." He started getting testy eyed again. "Draco baby I'm okay now-" "but I should have been there, I still don't even know where you were but I was off hanging out with nimrod and numbskull not having a care in the world!"

He yelled as a tear slipped down his cheek. You sat there looking up at him in shock. "Draco look at me," you said tilting his head so he looked at you. "this is not our fault." "Yeah but I should have been there for you, I'm never letting you go ever again, I always want to know where you are if I'm not with you. I'm never letting you out of my sight, I won't let you get hurt, never again."

He said hugging you gently. "How bad are they, the cuts?" You asked and he sat back to look at you. "Take a look, she said you could take off the bandages if you wanted to when you woke up." He said standing back. You unwrapped your arm, seeing multiple stitches in different places, in the pattern of dog teeth.

"It's not bad-" "check your chest." He demanded. You took off the large bandage on your upper chest and Draco handed you a mirror. Three wide, deep, and long slash marks that went from your shoulder in a diagonal bellow your throat. "Bloody hell." You gasped. "Forty some stitches." Draco said. "Walked in right as Madam Pomfrey was cleaning up the blood."

He said choked up. You had a small cut on your cheek bone too, probably form falling or running through the brush with Sirius. "I'm so sorry," your attention went back to Draco at his words. "I promise you I'll never let you get hurt ever again." He said helping you put the bandage back on your chest. "I'm going to take care of you, I promise." He said with heartbreak and low in his eyes.

-

You were walking to professor Lupins office with Harry. When you arrived and went to knock on the door he spoke. "Hello Harry, (Y/N)." He said then turning to see you. "Saw you coming." He said pointing to the marauders map. "Believe me, I've looked worse." Lupin said. "(Y/N) I can't tell you how truly sorry I am, I'm just glad your okay."

He said to you. "It's okay professor, you couldn't help It-" "yes but you could you see? You didn't have to step up in front of Snape and the others that night but you did, and why you did so I can not explain, and for that I applaud you." You smiled. The three of you talked for a while before leaving to go to breakfast. Draco was waiting for you.

"Thank god you were gone forever!" Draco said rushing to meet you at the door. "I was gone for thirty minutes." You giggled. "But I told you I wasn't letting you out of my sight, and I meant it." He said putting an arm around your waist taking you back to the table with your friends. "Summer break is tomorrow Draco, your not going to be in sight for quite a while-"

"Not if I can help it." He said sitting you down between him and Grace. "I was wondering if you would stay the summer with me, I already wrote to my father earlier, he doesn't mind at all." You quickly thought about Harry. I can't leave him to fend for himself at the Dursleys. He'd never forgive me if I did. We're all each other's for back home. He'd be okay for one summer, maybe he could go stay with Ron. Bloody hell what do I do.

A million thought ran through your head within less than minutes. You looked over at the Gryffindor table at Harry, who smiled at you then turned away.

"Yes, I'd love to stay with you this summer." You said