Going Away

"We're sorry, he doesn't know what it's like." "Locked up in a cage all day." Harry finished your sentence and the snake lifted its head, and winked. You and Harry's eyes widened in shock. "Can you hear us?" You both said shocked and it nodded yes. "You're from Burma?" Harry asked.

"Do you miss them, your family?" You asked and the snake looked to a sign on the wall. 'Born in captivity.' "Oh, we understand," "we never knew our parents either." You finished Harry's sentence. Then suddenly Dudley saw the snake and burst over knocking both of you to the floor.

"You good?" Harry asked and you nodded. You both glared at Dudley and suddenly the glass, disappeared. You shared a shocked look as Dudley fell into the cage and the snake Slithered out of the cage stopping in front of you two. "Thanksss." It hissed. "Anytime." You both said in unison then the snake Slithered out of the building and everyone screamed.

You looked back at the cage, Dudley tried stepping out of it, but when he did, the glass was back. You and Harry started laughing as Dudley panicked. Then aunt petunia started screaming in horror, when uncle Vernon saw you two laughing you stopped and he glared at you.

You got home and he carried you two in by the ears. "What happened?!" He hissed. "We don't know!" You yelled. "One minute the glass was there," "then it was gone!" "It was like magic!" You two switched turns during the sentence. He threw you into the cupboard and locked the door and hissed. "There's no such thing as magic!" And closed the slot.

-

You and Harry sat playing with little army men and playing tic tac toe on the wall with a pencil.

At night when they went to bed you would try picking the lock or prying the slot on the door open.

The next day aunt petunia let you out for breakfast. You got the mail and were shocked to see, you and Harry had mail.

Harry Potter
4 Private Drive
Cupboard Under the Stairs.

(Y/N) Potter
4 Private Drive
Cupboard Under the Stairs.

You handed uncle Vernon the other mail and Harry ran to you to see what you were looking at when Dudley snatched up the letters. "Dad! Dad! Look, the Potters got mail!" Uncle Vernon chuckled and looked at the letters. "Nonsense, who would be writing to you two." He looked at the letters in horror, as did aunt petunia.

"Go to your rooms." "But dad-" "Now!" Uncle Vernon hissed. You and Harry crawled into the cupboard and he shut it quickly and looked at you confused but excited. "Who was it?!" He whisper yelled. "It didn't say! It said our names and the cupboard Under the Stairs!" You whisper yelled back.

"Uncle Vernon has a point though, who would ever write to us?" You shrugged. The next couple days more and more letters came by couples for you and Harry. It's like who ever was sending them knew the two of you hadn't gotten them. You were sitting in the cupboard and heard some banging at the door, you both looked out to see Uncle Vernon blocking off the mail slot.

"No more blasted letters for you freaks." He chuckled as he worked. He burned letter after letter after letter, and not once did either of you get a chance to read a single one.

One day you were doing the dishes and Harry was offering cookies to the Dursley's . Uncle Vernon sat in his arm chair with his hair all messy and beady eyes. "Sunday. I love Sundays, best day of the week if ya ask me. You know why that is Dudley?" Dudley shrugged and Harry, turning to uncle Vernon, then said, "no posts on Sunday's."

"Right you are Harry. No post on sundays. Ha! No blasted letters today!" At that time you saw a shadowy figure fly by the window, Harry must have seen it too because he walked to the window pulling back the curtains a bit.

Suddenly a letter came shooting down the fireplace and hitting uncle Vernon right in the face. Then the chimney rumbled and burst out blowing letters everywhere. You and Harry jumped up and waved your arms grabbing some. You looked at him and shuffled through them, then you both exchanged to where the letter was meant for you and went running down the hall.

Uncle Vernon chased you tackling you to the ground. "Let go of us! They're ours!" Harry screamed. "That's it! We're going away! Far away! Where they can't find us!" You and Harry still struggling to grab a letter. "Daddy's gone mad hasn't he?" Dudley asked and aunt petunia sighed.