Diagon Alley

You walked down the road reading your school supplies list out loud. "And students may bring if they like a familiar, these include, a toad, cat or owl. Can we find all this in London?"

"If you know where to look." Hagrid beamed and you smiled. "Ah here we are, the leaky cauldron." Hagrid smiled and walked into what looked like a run down pub. No one else seemed to notice it, and for a moment you thought that they couldn't even see it.

"Come on," Harry said interrupting your day dream and you walked in behind him. "Hello Hagrid! The usual?" The man behind the counter asked grabbing a glass. "Not today, I'm on official Hogwarts business, these two be needin' their school supplies." The man behind the counter bent over in aw staring at you two.

He looked at you neck then to Harry's forehead. "Merlins beard. Its the Potter Twins." The pub went silent, then erupted into chaotic voices and extended hands. "Delores Crawford Misses and Mr Potter, so pleased to meet you both!" She beamed. You shook some others hands then came across a man in purple robes and a purple turban rapped around his head.

"(Y/N) and Harry P-Potter." He stuttered and you smiled. "Professor Quirrell, well I didn't see you there! This is Professor Quirrell you two, he will be your defense against the dark arts teacher." You talked to the man for a moment then Hagrid hurried you out a back door. "See you two, you're famous!" "Yes but why are we famous Hagrid?" You asked as he walked to a brick wall.

"I don't know if I'm the person to tell ya that." He tapped the wall in a pattern with the top of his umbrella then stood back. The wall separated into two and revealed a long narrow street lined in tall stores with cauldrons, odd candies, owls, and men and women in long robes and witches hats everywhere.

"Welcome Potters, to Diagon Alley." Hagrid smiled and you smiled at the view. You began walking down the alley with him looking everywhere. "But Hagrid, we haven't any money?" Harry said as you looked at the stores taking in the sight.

"Well theres your money Harry, Gringotts the wizard bank." You looked to where he pointed. It was a tall white building with crooked pillars holding it up with a glass dome on top. "Wicked." You beamed and ran towards it followed by Harry and not far behind Hagrid.

You got inside and froze at the door. Along both sides were two large rows of connected desks, one in the very front with a cage like thing behind it. Behind the desks were strange creatures you had never seen before, they had pointy ears and sharp teeth, they were short and their fingers long with sharp nails.

"Hagrid, what are they?" Harry asked. "Goblins Harry, clever as they come goblins they're not the most friendly of beasts, better stay close." He cleared his throats as you reached the front desk. "Miss (Y/N) and Mr. Harry Potter wish to make a withdrawal." The goblin looked up from the book and let out a huff.

"And do the potters have their key?" Your eyes widened. "Hold on, got it here somewhere." Hagrid began rummaging through his coat, then pulled out a small golden key. "Ah, here we are." He said holding it up. "This way." A different goblin said walking to a back room with a cart like thing in it and climbing to the top.

"Come on get in." He said and you climbed in and strapped up. "Now, hold onto your things, and your lunch." The goblin said before pulling a lever and laughing a bit as the cart zoomed down twirls and through small caves and down and up inclines. "Vault 687." Said the goblin hopping off.

"Key please." He said exchanging it with Hagrid for the lamps he was holding. He pushed the key in and turned it. "Lamp please." Hagrid handed him the lamp, the goblin then opened the door and revealed a giant stack of gold coins in the middle of the room. "Woah." You both smiled giddy.

"Grab some for the both of ya, you might not be in the same houses after all, which I doubt would ever happen." Hagrid added as you finished grabbing some from the stack. "Houses?" You asked as you and Harry shared a confused look. "Yes Houses, at Hogwarts- well we can talk about this later, come along now."

The goblin directed the cart to another vault down a long dark tunnel. "Vault 713." He hopped off and walked to the door. "Stand back." He demanded. He slid his finger down the door and it clicked and opened. You expected something huge or shiny, but instead there was a small ratty white bag the size not much bigger than a tea bag wrapped with a brown string on a pedestal.

Hagrid rushed in and grabbed it then put it in his jacket pocket. "Now Harry, (Y/N), best you not tell anyone about this, official Hogwarts business, so it's bests if you keep this between us." You both nodded and rode the cart back to top. "Now that we got money for the first time,I might actually enjoy shopping." You said to Harry and he giggled with you.