Eunjae cursed himself for getting drunk, as the pounding in his head overpowered his senses. It was such an intense pain that, for a moment, he didn't notice anything else. Namely, he didn't notice the small boy snuggled into him, hugging Eunjae's leg between his own. 

He would have cooed at the sight,  if he didn't feel like he was dying. Seeing Minghao's eyes fluttering open, he couldn't resist smiling, though he quickly frowned when Minghao focused on him. 

"Agh, it hurts so much. I'm dying, Minghao, I'm actually dying." 

Minghao rolled his eyes at the dramatic boy, acting as if the very sight of Eunjae's messy hair and sleepy face didn't drive him crazy. Eunjae's arms snaking around his waist didn't help, either.

"I'm serious Minghao, this is lethal, I'm in critical condition. I'm gonna die, aren't you gonna miss me?"

Minghao couldn't understand, but he was positive that Eunjae was complaining. He could tell that much from the whiny voice. A voice that he fell in love with, immediately.

"Water," he finally said something that Minghao could understand. He wanted water, fine. Minghao tried to sit up, so he could retrieve the said water and give it to Eunjae. Except, Eunjae's grip was tight, and Minghao couldn't move away. 

"Minghao, I said water. Get me water." 

Minghao tried again, but everytime he pulled away, Eunjae's arms were locking him in place.

"Minghao - "

"Let me go!" 

Eunjae laughed, though his face quickly contorted in pain, and he winced, groaning dramatically. He turned onto his stomach, and Minghao sat up. He started rubbing Eunjae's back, staring at his face to see if it was helping at all. 

Their moment was interrupted, and Woozi was limping in the room, a bottle of pills in one hand, and a water bottle in the other. 

"Give me some."

Woozi collapsed in his bed, rolling on his side to stare at the pair. 

"Why didn't you get Minghao to get you some?"

Eunjae spared a second between groans to glare at Woozi. "Because he's busy being fucking useful, now give me some, or as soon as I can lift an arm, I'm beating your ass."

"Already done, someone beat you to it," Woozi mumbled under his breath, but he moved to the other bed, allowing Eunjae to take the painkiller, gulping it down quickly before chugging the water. "Gee, thanks, it's not like that was mine or anything."

"Good, now go away." Eunjae fell back against the bed, mindlessly moving around until his head situated itself in Minghao's lap. Minghao immediately started playing with his hair, lightly massaging his head and combing through the messy tendrils.

"By the way, you're the funniest drunk I've ever seen. From what I remember, before I was too, at least."

Eunjae's eyes shot open, and he turned his head to face Woozi, who had begun to laugh, probably remembering the events of last night.

"Oh no, what did I do?" 

Minghao's heart clenched as he wondered what exactly they were saying, only getting bits and pieces. He tried to busy himself with Eunjae's hair, but he held onto every word and emotion, trying to put things together.

"Well, you're just so, not you. I mean, you did finger hearts." 

"You're lying, I would never!"

"Nope, face it, you're a really cute drunk. I mean, I think you gave Minghao a heart attack."

Please don't mention it, please don't mention me-

"I didn't, do anything, like-"

"Oh no, but not for lack of trying. Who knew how much you wanted to kiss Minghao, eh? They say drunk words are sober thoughts, and boy did you have a lot to say-"

Woozi was surprised to find Minghao glaring at him. Minghao was never angry, so seeing him clearly telling Woozi to shut up, Woozi, for once, complied. He didn't like seeing Minghao like that, until he realized that, aw, little Minghao was protecting his boyfriend, how cute.

Woozi smiled to himself, uncharacteristically quiet, and incredibly happy, despite the deep pain resonating throughout his body. Minghao stared at Eunjae, swiftly moving his fingers down to the boy's temple and lightly rubbing them, kneading the knots in his head. 

Eunjae closed his eyes tightly, willing the events of last night to disappear from everyone's minds. 

It was Eunjae's nightmare, but Minghao's dream. Besides the throwing up, of course. Minghao grimaced at the memory, but one look at Eunjae, and his face softened once again, staring down at the boy fondly.