Chapter 2

SAY THE NAME! SEVENTEEN!

"Where is Jae Eun?" Mr. Nam asked one of their house helper but she remained silent and raised her gaze to the room on the second floor.

"If its Jae Eun you're looking for, she locked up herself in her room. Really, that girl. I only scolded her because she insisted on going outside despite this heavy downpour. I was only thinking about her own safety." A woman wearing flamboyant clothes matched up with expensive jewelries spoke as she makes her way down the stairs. "What do you think about my style this evening?" She asked her husband while touching her hair and making a little turn.

"You look gorgeous of course. But what's the occasion?"

"Nothing special. I just thought that it has been a while since we had dinner together so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity." The wife approached her husband to fixed his unevenly folded long sleeves then she glanced upstairs. "I invited Jae Eun but she declined." She supplied with a sad tone.

"Well it can't be helped. That girl is in her rebellious stage after all. Let's just give her space."

"Dad, good timing. I just finished fixing myself." A beautiful teenage girl let out a giggle and sweetly locked her arm with her father's.

Meanwhile, inside the dark and cold room, resides a girl who was cast into the world of oblivion. No one really cares about her. No one would notice whether she is present or not in the dining room every breakfast.

"Dad, do you really love me? Why did you choose them over me? Why won't you even take a peek in my room to check if I'm fine or not?" Questions her innocent brain.

Deep in the deafening silence of the night, Jae Eun heard a knock from her door. Excited that the person might be her father, she excitedly opened the door but no one was there.

"Dad?" She called out, slowly taking steps down the stairs. "Dad are y-- aaahhh!!!"
--

"Why do I keep having that dream? Is it really a dream or is it true? I'm not quite sure since I have no clear recollection of it. I fell from the stairs and I couldn't thought of what happened next."

I clenched my chest, feeling a little bit of pain. I rose up from my bed and faced the mirror. "I'm sweating too much and I look pale again. The sleeping peels I took hardly took effect." I thought.

"I should really visit my doctor."

'For the horoscope today, February 17, this is the luckiest day of your life. You don't need any lucky charms for luck will come to you...'

Really? Well, I won't loose anything if I believe in it.

I am Nam Jae Eun. I am currently working as an Assistant Manager of a big restaurant. The pay is huge so I'm okay with it but I must admit that it would've been better if the Manager is not a.... jerk.

I am now on my way to work. I passed by a clothes store and was attracted to the clothes displayed. I went inside the store but when I opened the door, an old lady bumped into me and her coffee spilled to my clothes.

I think the difinition of 'lucky' has changed.

"I'm so sorry dear. I--"

"No, its okay. It'll dry anyway."

As I scanned through the stalls, a man with his face covered with a mask suddenly yelled "Everybody freeze!" while waving his gun in the air. His action where followed by screams as the costumers panicked here and there. More men came in and asked the cashier to hand all the money. Lucky me, I was able to hide behind the clothes so no one has spotted me yet so I took the risk calling the police.

Before they got the money, sirens were heard all over the place. The robbers panicked and took one hostage before going out of the store to announce their demands.

"Allow us to leave and we will release this child unharmed." One of them demanded.

Prioritizing the safety of the innocent civilian, there wasn't any choice left for the police. They submitted to the demand and allowed the robbers to leave. While the man's comrades got the car ready, the man decided not to meet the deal.

"Do you really think I'm a fool?" Together with what he said, he rushed to the car with the child. Much to my surprise, my body acted on its own. I picked the heavy vase beside me, dashed outside and threw it aiming towards the man's head. I gotta admit,
I was faster than lightning with adrenaline rushing through my veins.

The vase made its way on his face, creating an opportunity for the police force to act. He was able to release a shot, grazing my left cheek a little.

In the end, they captured the gang leader but 2 of his members had escaped.

I sat on a chair while I observe the medics wrap up their equipments after treating me.

"Slacking off early in the morning, huh?"