Chapter 45

"She's the heir of her father's riches. We need to kill her if we want to have everything."

"Don't worry. I'll take care of everything. I will make sure she does not remember anything."

---

I bolted from my lying position and desperately gasped for air. That dream is coming back to me again and every night it becomes a lot clearer. I must let that person pay for  deceiving everyone, for ruining my life, for everything that happened after entering our lives and I can only do this if I follow Min Soo's plans.

"Jae Eun?"

A knock disrupted my train of thoughts. I got up and opened the door. All my worries got washed away when I saw his goofy smile.

"You look pale. Are you alright?" In an instant, that smile faded. He cupped my face and wiped my sweat with his barehands.

"I'm okay. Just had a bad dream is all." I replied and gently detached his hand from me.

"If you're okay," He trailed off then pulled me to him. "Give me my morning kiss."

I quickly shoved his face away when I felt it drawing nearer. "I'm not giving you any." I harshly replied and ambled my way to the dining room.

"Come on please? Just one please?"

"Are you some kid begging his mom for candies? That's so not cool."

"Nope. I'm just somebody who's deep in love."

I shook my head and sighed in disbelief. "You're ruining the good image you've slowly established in my mind."

I went my way, pretending not to hear any of his childish words.

"Come on please. Just one."

My mouth watered just by looking at the food on the table. "Woah. You never fail to surprise me everytime you cook Mingyu." I told him and he gave me a thankful smile in return.

"Jae Eun please? Notice me."

"Just give him one already. Unless you want to be pestered all day." Woozi deadpanned when he walked past by us. I faced Scoups and his eyes immediately sparkled with excitement.

"What would you do if I go away?" I told him, looking at him with pity.

His face suddenly turned serious, not a trace of his jolly self left. "Don't say that. It's morbid." I almost melted by his intense glare.

"If you go away then I'll never get my morning kiss." Scratching the back of his head, he suddenly burst into laughter.

"Somebody grab hold of me if you love your leader. I don't know what I might do."

"Hurry Seungkwanie, Hoshi-hyung! Help me." Dk shouted at the two.

"Help you with what?" Hoshi and Seungkwan asked in unison.

"She told us to stop her. Aren't we going to do that?" Dk's voice faded at the last words, shrinking in place when he began to feel embarassment.

"It's okay. You're my idiot." Jeonghan assured and patted Dk's back.

"By the way Jae Eun. Dino accidentally broke your favorite mug last night."

"What?!" I glared at Th8 who informed me. He shrank in place, probably confused why I'm glaring at him. I strayed my gaze at Dino who was happily gobbling his food, oblivious of what he did.

"Do you have something to say?" I asked as calmly as I could. He first swallowed the food that was in his mouth before answering.

"I'm sorry. But nothing in this world keeps its shape anyway." His statement stirred the bottled anger in me. I got that mug from Mina and I've been using it for more than 4 years. It's now gone and instead of a sincere apology, this is what I get?

"Then I guess it'll be okay if my punch damages your face. Nothing in this world keeps it's shape anyway. I'll just apologize afterwards." I smiled sarcastically and he did the same.

gods help me. I might kill a person right now.

"Calm down, calm down." -MG

--

It was when we were almost finished with breakfast when the door bell rang and as usual, the maknae was sent to answer it.

"Everyone. Min Soo hyung is here." Dino announced. In an instant, the vibe became serious and intense. I glanced over Scoups and it was clear the aura around him had changed.

"Good morning everyone. I'm sorry for the disturbance but I just want to have a talk with Jae Eun."

All eyes then landed on me. I looked at Scoups and he didn't seem to mind so I excused myself.

"Jae Eun---"

"I know what you're going to say but I know what I'm doing."

"The longer you stay here, the more difficult it will be for you."

"I know."

"Let me just remind you that there's no turning back Jae Eun. You're going to get hurt and you'll hurt them as well."

"I know, I know. I'm being selfish right now and I'm not going to apologize for it." I bit my lower lip, trying not to let guilt swallow my entire being.

"You really love him do you?"

I got mindblown. I don't remember saying anything to him. Not even one bit.

"I've known you for a long time enough for me to know what's going in that topsy-turvy brain of yours." He said, ruffling my hair.

"Hey. Don't mess with my hair." I scowled and slapped his hand away. He seemed stunned for a while but that expression quickly disappeared.

"Your hair is already in a mess, stuupiid...." He teased.

"Hey! I told you to sto---"

Our little quarrel was put to a stop when somebody cleared his throat to announce his presence.

Min Soo stood rigid and turned to me before heading for the door. "I believe it's time for me to go. Come to work next week." He reminded and after that, he left.

I turned to meet Scoups who was looking at me suspiciously.

"Is there any reason you're looking at me like that?"

"Nothing besides me being jealous."

"We were just talking about things. Nothing to be jealous about."

"Oh really? Mind sharing with me those things?" I heaved a sigh. This guy really can be a pain in the ass.

"No." I bluntly said to make no room for arguments.

"When did you start being like that? You were obedient and you respect me when you started living here." He made a pout which was hard to resist but I succeeded in resising it anyway.

"Ever since you acted like a jerk." I plainly replied. "You know what, I'd better talk to a knife." I supplied.

"A what now? Why?"

"Unlike you, a knife has a point."

He clenched the part of his shirt near his chest. "Your words crushed my heart Jae Eun."