Chapter 9

SAY THE NAME! SEVENTEEN!

10 Minutes. It took me 10 long minutes to memorize their names and faces.

"Hyung, before you wish for something like us getting along, let's get to know Jae Eun more. Who knows whether she's done something that might have angered someone enough to put her life on the line." Jeonghan suggested and the others seem to support the idea.

He's right. What idiot would take someone in when they barely know the person? I guess there's no idiot like that.

"I'm fine with it already. It seems to me like she's not that type of person."

I forgot there is one here present. He just didn't welcome me but also considered me family. What a big idiot. What if they took in someone that's not me? Tch.

"That's what they say, don't judge the book by its cover." Shorty added. He really must hate me but he hit a point there.

"Okay fine. If that's what will put everyone at ease, we'll do it." S.Coups then turned to me and I looked at him. "What's your age? Birthday? Blood type? Height? Weight?" He innocently asked.

He's not just an idiot. He's the BIGGEST IDIOT!

"Hyung!!" Everyone cried out with annoyance while he was just smiling with no knowledge why they were angry.

"We didn't mean those kinds of information." Dino stepped forward and crossed his arms. "Is Nam Jae Eun really your real name?"

"Of course." I just plainly answered. As long as I answer honestly, everything will be alright.

"ID?"

"It's in my bag and I don't have my bag right now."

"Your parents?"

The next question was quite surprising and I didn't know what to say.

"My dad was always busy with work and mom is not around."

"Why is someone after you?"

I bit my lower lip. I don't know what to say. I really don't know.

"I... I don't know."

"What kind of answer is that? You expect us to believe you?"

"Dino, stop it." Joshua told him and pulled him back but he wouldn't let him.

"Think of someone who might do that to you. You can do that right?"

This is bad. Every time I try to remember the past, my head hurts.

"I... Don't know. I can't remember anything." I just mumbled.

"Can't or won't? What? You have amnesia or something?" His voice and the way he asks is getting harsher but I couldn't talk back. I just ran out of words.

"See? She really is a suspicious person." He added.

"Dino, don't be rude." I think it was The8 who reprimanded Dino.

"You don't have to force yourself to like me. I'll just leave on my own." I quickly stood up and started to walk away but someone pulled me back. It was S.Coups.

"Dino, you don't trust our CEO's decision?" S.Coups tone was gentle just earlier but now he's serious.

Dino couldn't answer immediately but later on he did. "Fine. Do what you want." And then he left without any further ado.

"Why don't we just contact the police and tell them what happened? It might just be a stalker or something and not really someone trying to kill her." Joshua suggested but S.Coups opposed the idea.

"I also told the CEO about that but he said we can't do it. Who knows what that man might do if we do that." He said and everyone realized he's got a point.

After calming down, I pulled myself together , knelt and bowed on the floor saying, "S.Coups, everyone. Thank you so much."

This is the least I can do.

I lifted my head and found them staring at me. "Did I say something wrong?"

"You!" Exclaimed Dk and Seungkwan.

"What?" I curiously asked with my brows furrowed.

"You'll need a boy's name and a boy's clothes." They announced.

"Dress and be called as a boy? Why would I do that?"

What's with them all of the sudden?

"If someone sees the 13 of us with a single girl, people might get the wrong idea and it'll produce unpleasant rumors. Now we don't want that, would we?" -Jeonghan

"But..." I looked at everyone and I can see they were hoping I'd go with what they said. "Fine." I said with a heavy sigh.