Chapter 54

Jae Eun's POV...

'Revelations, a time where you'll tell yourself to expect the unexpected but still you find yourself unprepared.'

--

Kill her. Kill her. Kill her.

I jolted my eyes open, my breathing labored as my nightmare haunted me again. I shook my head, hoping it would make the black spots in my vision go away. When my senses start to function again, I tried to move from my positon only to discover I was tied to a chair. I take in my surroundings, swaying the unbearable pain attacking my head and comprehending what was going on.

The room was coated in pure white, a lone CCTV camera at the right corner, a single light bulb directly above my head and not a single thing in sight except for a table positioned in front of my chair. Deafening silence produced an eerie feeling that gave me goosebumps.

I can't wait to see that witch's face.

As if on cue, the door creaked open. I squinted my eyes to adjust to the bright light from the entrance and it didn't take me a second to recognize who the person was. Just by judging from the figure and the aura, I'm more than a hundred percent certain who this person is.

"Hello darling," she purred evilly, the victorious smirk on her face made me murder her mentally.

"Fuck you." I sneered, altering her smirk and replacing it with a disapproving frown. Before I knew it, her hand landed on my face. I giggled at the pain, laughing like a retard at the thought of what face would she make if she finds out my scheme.

"Must be out of mind, aren't we?"

"We? Don't you mean you?" I laughed harder, enjoying the pleasure of seeing her provoked face.

"You should've just stayed quite and let me have my way, you wench!" She pulled my hair with one hand and the other clutching my neck, her long fingernails digging onto my skin. I didn't let me eyes leave hers even though I was struggling to breath. No, I wouldn't give her that satisfaction.

The corner of her lips turned up to little smile as she backs away to sit on top of the table. Crossing her arms and legs, she glared at me furiously and mockingly.

"Let me tell you my plan, darling."

"Why would you even do that?"

"Simple. Because I want to enjoy seeing your terrified face before I dispose of you."

Fool.

I chuckled mockingly. "Oh really? Give it your best then."

"Do you know what I'll do after I kill you?"

I stared at her boringly, patiently waiting for her next words.

"All your riches will be mine."

"Tell me something I don't know." I remarked dryly, rolling my eyes at her old statement.

"Once I have the money, I'll slowly destroy those persons who helped you tamper my plans. Let me see," She paused and stared at the ceiling for a while, pondering her next words. "I can start with your beloved CEO. Then I'll make sure that group breaks down."

My blood boiled upon hearing her say that. I gritted my teeth to surpress my wrath but it was futile. I looked at her with murderous intent, wanting to stab her a million times.

"Then I'll destroy... What's his name again? Jo Min Soo?"

I struggled to get my hands loose, feeling the skin under the ropes peel off. I didn't mind the pain and the sensation of blood dribbling down. I need this pain to keep me sane.

"Then what?" She questioned herself. "Here's the grand finale." She hopped down the table and bent down to my ear to whisper.

"I'll kill the father you so much loathe."

Tears of anger trickled down my cheeks as I kept my silence.

"Why are you crying? I thought I'm doing you a favor. You hate him, do you? He abandoned you remember?"

My chest constricted when she stated the memory I tried so hard to bury. The two contradicting emotions of love and hate swirling inside me was ripping me apart. I love my father but I also hate him.

Fuck! I don't know what to do.

"Scared?" She asked and I wisely chose to surpress my anger first.

"Laugh all you want while you can bitch 'cause if Min Soo finds you---"

"Oh, you mean Jo Min Soo?" She cut me off. "Don't even dream of him setting foot here to rescue you."

I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"You didn't know?" She squeeled in amazement and excitement.

"Come in." She yelled to no one. Then the door opened, revealing a person coated in black. His identity was well hidden that even though he was just a meter away from me, I still couldn't see his face. I don't know that man before me but my heart is pounding so hard that I could clearly hear it.

"I'll leave you two then." The moment the door shut, I was forced to accept something I don't want and can't.

"No." I whispered, sobbing as he removed his cap and as I took in his appearance. "Why?" I pleaded for him to speak but he just regarded me with an emotionless stare.

"Why are you doing this Min Soo?!" I screamed from the top of my lungs but his stare was still blank.

"What about our plans?" I tried to squeeze answers from him but I only received a mocking smirk.

"I thought you told me to trust you!" I said, choking a sob.

"And you believed me?" He chuckled, bending down to lift my chin with his pointer finger so I could meet his eyes. "How foolish of you to do that." His deep voice reverberating in my head.

"How long have you been playing with me, huh? When you said you were there before I lost my memories, is that even true?"

He stood in front of me, his lower back relaxedly touching the edge of the table and his annoying smirk never leaving his face.

"I've been playing with you all along and it was quite fun watching you being so innocent about everything. And yes, I didn't lie about anything except for saying you could trust me." He laughed as he gave me a pitiful look and instantly, the pain and betrayal was replaced with blazing anger.

My whole world shattered but I decided to stay whole.

"I hate you!" I yelled with as much vehemence I could muster.

"Me too. You were such a pain in the ass. I despise how easily you cry about every little thing. Do you know how much trouble I've been through ever since you entered my life? Everything became a fucking mess."

"So this is revenge?"

"Maybe."

"How childish."

A slap once again hit my face and this time it hurts. It fucking hurts knowing it came from the person I solely trust my life with. I could taste the irony taste of blood but I still managed to lift up my lips to a smile.

"Don't worry, I have a big surprise for you later and I'm sure you'll love it." He said with amazement for himself.

"I thought you were my friend." I mumbled to myself. Taking a long deep breath, I mentally chanted a spell for myself.

"Any last words before I put you to sleep?"

"You're not the Min Soo I know." I snarled.

"Should I care?"

A little blow was all it took to knock me unconscious again.

Everything will be alright. Everything will be alright. Everything will be alright.