Chapter 20

"What's your report?" A woman's voice rang out through the room.

There was a moment of silence while the man being questionned scanned through the stack of papers he was holding. The woman impatiently started to tap the glass table with her pointed fingernails.

"So?" She asked, impatient.

The man cleared his throat nervously
before starting to read what was on the paper.

"My men failed to get her Ma'am. The car wasn't able to hit her. When we kidnapped her from the hospital, she escaped. I've sent couple of men to spy on her but she keeps evading them. When she's at work, we couldn't do anything reckless since she's under the supervision of Jo Min Soo. Right now, where she lives is still unknown. That is all." His voice faded at the end.

The woman remained silent as she stares into blank space.

"So..." She finally spoke. "--You're saying you failed?"

"Yes Ma'am."

"You're saying you still couldn't track down her location?"

"Yes Ma'am."

"I'm paying you the right price and this is what I get?!" Standing up and slamming her hands onto the table, she finally snapped and roared like a lion. She glared viciously at the man who by this alone, took a couple of steps backwards.

"You---" She paused as she realized this act was so not lady like. She pulled her bangs and tucked them behind her ears, took a deep breath and sat back to her chair.

"Listen. I will give you another chance now I hope you don't mess up this time because if you will... You know what I'm capable of."

The man gulped before replying a firm 'Yes.'

"Now get back to work. I want the job done neat and clean. Leave no traces. Am I clear?" The woman commanded.

---

"I leave her in your care." A man in his 50s said to the person on the other side of the line.

"Don't worry. She'll be safe."

And with that, the call was ended. Just when the man placed his phone on the table, a knock sounded off and the door opened afterwards.

"Sir Nam? The head doctors are waiting for your presence in the meeting hall."

He gave his secretary a nod, fixed his tie and left his office with her.

Are you curious who these people are? Well some of you might've already guessed who they might be but I know this chapter is still shrouded with lots of mystery. Want to know more? Continue reading then.

Until next time. Byebye...