Chapter 42

What happened last night was still unexplained. He just left me in the cold after getting what he wanted. Seriously, how can that guy be so fucking good at playing with my poor, vulnerable heart?

"Good morning." The members who one by one got out from their rooms, greeted me and I greeted them back.

I served the food I prepared. It had been quite sometime since we last come and eat together. It felt great.

"Morning." Scoups voice startled me, making me accidentally topple the bottle of bean sauce which spilled to Woozi's white shirt.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry." I gulped.

I saw him and Scoups making eye contact before he replied. "It's okay. I'll wash it off later." His statement shocked the whole world but no one dared to delve any further.
--
Having two consecutive days of day off is the best. I can finally work on my own businesses. Today, I decided to face my father. I need to know the truth behind the memory I recovered the time before I collapsed.

I secretly took my leave and by the time I was able to exit the door unnoticed, I felt so relieved.

"Going somewhere?" I jolted backwards.

"I'm going to see my dad." I bluntly told him. There's no point in lying. He'll find out sooner or later 'cause I'm really terrible at it.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked, oddly calm and composed.

"Yes." I replied as firmly as I could.

"I'll come with yo---"

"No." I panicked and as a result, my pitch raised a bit. "I mean you don't have to. I'll be back soon. Don't worry about me."

"Even if I don't want to worry about you, I just do. When I don't see you around, it scares the hell out of me."

Why are you saying those words like you really mean it? Just like Min Soo, you're blindly following the CEO's orders. You're just another loyal pawn of my father so why are you pretending like you really care?

I didn't utter another word and just went on my way. Scoups followed me and I had no choice but to pretended I don't see him.

We've arrived at my father's house, my past house. I stared at the mansion for a while, my body slightly trembling.

"You can go back if you want." I heard Scoups say at my side but I didn't bother giving him attention. I proceeded and rang the doorbell. One housemaid came to greet me and asked for my name.

"Nam Jae Eun." I told her and judging from her expression, she doesn't know me so I didn't bother telling her who I really was. I asked her if she could let us in so I could speak with Mr. Nam. She welcomed us but also informed me that Mr. Nam is out at the moment. I told her we'll wait so we were led to the living room.

I let my eyes roam the room. The color, the paintings, the furnitures, the arrangement, they are all located at the same place. Not much had changed, except for my portraits who are no longer on the walls.

My father must have really hated me to not leave even a single picture of me. He still believes I attempted to endanger Lisa's life. I laughed at the thought.

"Why are you crying?"

Scoups' question brought me back to the harsh reality and only then did I feel drops of tears falling. I quickly wiped them away with the back of my hands. I attemped to pretend I was fine but Scoups already saw me break down into tears.

He pulled me in his arms and gently brushed my hair, chanting over and over that everything was going to be alright. I wanted to break free from his warmth. I wanted to break free from the comfort his arms brought. I wanted to break free for I was afraid that if I stayed for another second, I would not want to leave his arms. I was afraid because I knew that later on, I would have to leave him. I knew this very well but I still let myself be held by him.