Chapter 33

"Jae Eun!!! Why were you in the magazine cover? On top of that, you were with Seventeen?!" shrieked Mina when she saw Jae Eun coming in.

"Please don't ruin my morning." Jae Eun pleaded, placing her bag on the table.

"Tell me please....." Begged Mina while wearing the cutest face she could.

"My cousin Ji Su wasn't able to make it to the photoshoot in time. That's why." The girls both flicked their heads to the entrance where their strict yet very enticing manager made his entrance.

Mina stood rigidly and when the manager walked by, she bowed politely and greeted him good morning.

"Good morning Mina. I see you're here early. Don't work too hard, okay?" The manager said before proceeding to his office.

"What was with the atmosphere between you two just now?" Jae Eun plastered a smirk on her face and teasingly wiggled her eyebrows at Mina.

"What happened between you two while I wasn't around? I'm sure something had developed." She supplied while letting her mind drift into her fantasies.

"Please don't ask." Mina lowered her head so that her hair would cover her red face.

"I hope you now feel what I feel everytime you interrogate me." Jae Eun emphasized.

---
Costumers began filling the tables of the restaurant and now the employees have their hands full.

"Jae Eun, I'm sorry to disturb you but can you lend a hand just for a bit?" Mina asked. Jae Eun agreed to help so she snappily stood up.

They once again resumed their work.

A few moments later, the door chimes sounded off which meant someone came in. Jae Eun etched a wider and brighter smile before facing the newly arrived costumers.

"Welcome to---"

She stopped. Her worst nightmare was once again standing before her. But knowing Jae Eun, she wouldn't back down.

"Let me lead you to a vacant table Ma'am."

"Oh? Jae Eun?" Lisa smirked.

Get a hold of yourself Jae Eun. Don't let your devil side come out right now. She chanted at the back of her mind.

Lisa took her seat just near the door. "One hot coffee late."

"Anything else?"

"If there was then I would've told you."

Jae Eun rolled her eyes.

Bringing Lisa's order, Jae Eun was now on her way back to Lisa's table but Lisa stood up and began walking towards her.

When they were about to cross path, Lisa purposely bumped herself to Jae Eun. Causing for the hot coffee to spill on Jae Eun. The glass shattered when it hit the floor and this grabbed everyone's attention.

"You clumsy worker! Look what you did to my dress. This is worth a thousand dollars and no matter what you do, you can't pay for it." Lisa hesterically examined her clothes which had a little coffee spill but it couldn't be compared to the amount spilled on Jae Eun.

Wanting not to attract more attention, Jae Eun pretended to go with the flow.

"I'm so sorry. I'll take responsibility." Jae Eun said while attempting to wipe off the stains from Lisa's dress.

"Don't you dare touch me." Lisa slapped Jae Eun hard on the face. She fell to the ground which caused her to sustain small cuts from the shards scattered on the floor.

People were intrigued and they soon started to surround the two, forming a circle around them.

Don't do anything, don't cause any problems. Just endure this. Jae Eun subconsciously reminded herself.

"What is happening here?" A stern voice asked and the crowd immediately made way for the manager.

Mina immediately helped Jae Eun get up on her feet.

"What is the meaning of this?" He questioned while shifting his gaze back and forth between Lisa and Jae Eun.

"Jo Min Soo? Is that you?" Min Soo darted Lisa a confused look.

"How mean of you to forget me. It's me, Lisa. You know what, it's really unbelievable that until now you're by her side." She evily grinned.

Jae Eun looked even more confused. "What do you mean by 'until now'?" She asked.

"Don't tell me you haven't told her? Or she hasn't remembered anything yet? Min Soo--"

"Stop." Min Soo demanded.

"Why? Don't you want her to remember her past? I--"

Holding Lisa's wrist in a tight grip, Min Soo snapped. "I told you to stop!"

"Why are you stopping her?" Jae Eun clung to Min Soo's arm. "It's my memories and you don't have a right to hide it from me." Jae Eun was finally able to get a grasp of everything that was happening around her.

"Listen Jae Eun. It's better if---"

"No! This is my life and you've got nothing to do with it!" Jae Eun's emotions were mixed at the moment. Having someone near her who knew about her past really landed an impact on her.

"I've been searching for answers to my questions and to think that you know something----"

"Calm down." Min Soo pulled her and secured her in his arms. "Calm down." He once again said in a soft voice.

"Take your time in your fucking little drama." Lisa hissed before she took her leave. People also began to return to their own business.