Chapter 35

So sorry for the late updates. To make up for it, enjoy reading these 8 chapters. Hope you like it. Please comment and vote.

"Mom, where are we going?" The boy tugged his mother's sleeves as they both walk down the stairs.

The woman in her late 30s halted and crouched down to pat her son's black silky hair. "We'll be living now in our new house. I've told you about me marrying another man right?" She gently smiled at him and he bobbed his head in response.

"But before we go, can I talk to Jae Eun?" Upon hearing the boy's innocent request, the mother's smile turned down to a notch. She wasn't sure how to explain this to him but in any case, she has to.

She took a calm deep breath before saying a word. "Look Min Soo," she began. "Jae Eun's condition right now is still very unstable. I think it'll be best for her if you don't see her now."
She carressed the boy's soft cheeks.

"Let's go?" She urged. They open the gates and there parked two identical black cars, each having men attentively standing by the door.

The mother and son were then ushered by the men in black suits inside the car. After sometime of driving, the cars finally came to halt just in front of a white mansion with cobalt and marble walls. They were in awe as they stared at the building that looked like a palace before them.

"Mom, are you sure this is our new home?" The boy asked, still gaping.

"I was earlier but now I'm not so sure anymore." The mother said.

"Welcome to your new home, my love." A man dressed with normal simple clothes brought the two back to reality with his lively greeting.

"So this is my son, eh?" He said as he smiled at the boy who sheepishly slid behind his mother's back.

"Don't be afraid, I won't bite. From now on, I will take care of you. Call me dad, okay?" He told him and led them inside the house.

"Hello Min Soo. I've heard a lot about you. Let's be friends, okay?" A girl just the same age as Min Soo suddenly popped out of nowhere. Her golden hair with curls that tumble down her back and her lips red as rose makes her large and innocent ocean blue eyes stand out.

"That's my daughter, Anna." The man introduced and without reservations, Anna snatched Min Soo's arm and led him to the living room where a lot of snacks were prepared.

It took Min Soo a while to adjust to his carefree life. He was pampered and was showered with love by his new father and sister. His every single need was provided. He was sent to school and at a very young age, he did a great accomplishment by becoming the head of the Police Department.
---
"Min Soo-ah, dad wants you to come and drop by the company this noon." Anna who is  relaxedly lounging in the living room with lots of snacks on every side, informs Min Soo the moment he entered her line of vision.

Min Soo made his way to Anna and playfully ruffled her hair that is pulled back into a messy bun.

"Yah. Quit messing my hair, will you?" She complained and slapped Min Soo's hand away.

"Your hair is already in a mess, stuupiid...." He teasingly stuck out his toungue which made him earn a smack in the stomach.

"Go out already. You'll be late." Her words sent Min Soo's eyes flying towards the wall clock.

His eyes rounded and scurried away without any further ado. "Crap." He yelled.

--
Min Soo stretched out his legs underneath his desk, grinning to himself as he finally felt renewed. Upon seeing that both hands of the clock were pointing at the number 12, he hastily grabbed his coat and went to Pledis.

He made his way to the meeting room where he knew he'd find his father as well as his best friend there.

He opened the door and saw everyone happily eating lunch.

"Hey Min Soo." He threw his attention to his right and saw Seungcheol bickering for him to come.

"What brings you here, bro?" Seungcheol asked as he stood up to give Min Soo their signature manly greeting.

"Dad told me to come. Must be regarding Anna's birthday surprise tonight." He deadpanned, trying to mask his excitement with his bored tone.

"Oh that. How's the plan going?" Queried Seungcheol as he sat back to the couch.

"So far so good. Our drama worked. She was even in a bad mood when I left this morning, probably thinking we really forgot her birthday." Min Soo replied, taking his seat beside Seungcheol.

Taking interest on Seungcheol's sandwhich Seungcheol had in his hand, Min Soo swiftly snatched it from him and devoured it without any second thoughts.

"Hey! That's mine." Seungcheol whined.

Min Soo savored the luscious taste of the sandwhich before giving his reply. "Too late. Already mine."

Min Soo happily chomped on his food until the very last bite.

"So, how's it going with you and Anna?" He asked, flicking his attention from the food to Seungcheol.

"We're fine. Why'd you ask?"

"What a boring response. You know, you should be a real man and add some fun to your relationship. Ask her to marry you. I know it's still pretty early but better secure her in your arms. We don't know the future and besides, I'm sure dad will give you a go-signal."

Seungcheol choked on his food upon hearing Min Soo's absurd words.

"Are you serious?!" Seungcheol incredulously darted Min Soo a twisted look. Taking in Min Soo's serious face, he relaxed a little.

"You know when I'm serious Seuncheol." He said, giving Seungcheol a tap on the shoulder before standing up. He walked to where his father is, leaving Seungcheol alone in thought.

Min Soo fished out his car keys from his pocket, throwing it in the air and catching it constantly. He couldn't hide his smile, thinking that Seungcheol will surely do what he adviced.

Joining the other cars on the main street, Min Soo drove straight to a famous cake shop to pick up Anna's birthday cake.

"Thank you sir. Come again." The cashier politely smiled at Min Soo and he did the same.

As he walked to his car, his phone rang from his pocket.

"Hello?"

"Police Head Jo Min Soo. Sir, there is a hostage situation in Ginsa Mall---"

"Have you got the suspect's identity?" Min Soo asked, authority evident in his voice. He quickly got inside the car and fastened his seatbelt.

"We're still on that sir. But the victim was identified to be Anna Jo."

Fuck!

Omo! Seungcheol and Min Soo's stepsister is in a relationship? I didn't know! Hahaha... Only thought of this right now. The next chapter will also be about Min Soo and Seungcheol's past. Hope you guys like this chapter.