Chapter 4

SAY THE NAME! SEVENTEEN!

"Jae Eun-sshi, there's a problem." Mina said in a hurry as she points towards the main door.

I followed her finger and saw a group of people by the door and also a waitress bowing her head constantly, as if she was apologizing for something. As the assistant manager, I quickly approached them to assist the situation.

"Is there something that matters?" I formally asked.

"Not a big problem but the waitress accidentally bumped into my friend and poured hot coffee on him." One of them said.

I took a glance at the person's arm and noticed that his arm was slightly scorched. I literally panicked in front of them.

"What will you do about it?" A person at the middle asked, his voice slightly annoyed. "We're in a hurry you know." He supplied.

Please god. Don't let my tounge run on rampage right now.

"If you're that busy then why did you come here? Tch." I mumbled under my breath.

Here we go.

"What did you say?"

I was about to answer but the person hurt got between us. "It's not a big deal anyway. Let's go." He told his companions.

"I could at least apply first-aid." I suddenly blurted out.

"That'd be a great help." The other told me. "Mingyu-hyung, we'll wait for you outside."

I led the person to my office and began applying first-aid. I barely know anything about these stuffs so I'm not sure what I'm doing at the moment.

"You should wrap it like this." He told me as he wrapped the piece of cloth in his arm himself. I must say, he's so good.

"Are you a doctor or a nurse by any chance?" The question suddenly popped out of nowhere and since I couldn't retrieve it back, I just waited for his response.

"Nah, I'm not." That's all he said before wrapping everything up.

"Thank you for your assistance. By the way, you should see a doctor. You look pale." He advised and made a slight bow before making his leave. I was speechless as I realized how helpless I am.

"I'm not suited for this job. Maybe I should just quit?" I murmured to myself as I curled myself into a ball on the sofa.

"Then hurry up and submit your letter of resignation."

"Manager." I quickly stood up to greet him.

It's him who really had to see me in this shameful state. Of all people why him? Lucky my ass.

"I was just joking. I didn't mean that I'd quit literally. I forgot I had to do something else. Excuse me."

That was close but I was able to escape. Nice Jae Eun!

"Jae Eun-sshi, the Manager asked me to ask you to deliver these papers to the main branch right now." Said Mina as she hands me a bundle of papers.

"Okay. I'll be back before lunch then."

Just the perfect timing. I really wanted to go out for a little walk and have some fresh air. Maybe I'll stop by the park. The manager is busy so he won't be out of the resto for a while.

I stopped by the park and sat on a bench under the shade of a tree. I was busy observing the children playing. As I do, I unconsciously indulge myself to my empty past. I couldn't remember something like going to a park when I was still a kid.

Get yourself together Jae Eun. Break time is over. I said at the back of my head and got myself on the move.

I waited for the light to turn red
and when it did, I crossed the street but a car came at me at its maximum speed despite the red light. My body went numb and won't move an inch. I have a feeling this had happened long before. What do I do?

I suddenly heard a loud crash and could feel pain at different parts of my body. I slowly opened my eyes and some stranger was the first one to greet my eyes.

He helped me get up and he momentarily froze and intently stared at me. "You're the manager at that restaurant right?" He said out loud.

"Huh?"

Suddenly, sirens of both patrol cars and ambulance came louder and louder as they get close in the area. The person assisted me but I suddenly felt dizzy and bit by bit, darkness swallowed me and I fell unconscious.