Chapter 49

"Are you done?" Scoups asked, his back against the wall and his hands in his pockets.

"I'm surprised people didn't notice you."

"Being an idol has its perks. It gives us the ability to learn stealth mode." He said while moving like a secret agent. Subduing my laughter, I rolled my eyes as the memory of when we were flocked by fans at the convenience store surfaced in my mind.

"I'm going back to work. Better if you also go to where you want to." I told him but was startled when he pulled me to him and buried his head on my nape.

"What are you doing?"

"You told me to go where I want."

Fuck. His breath. His scent. His voice. This is not good.

"So?"

He pulled me back by my shoulders and smiled widely, showing all his teeth. "The place I want to go is by your side."

"You're basically in front of me." I laughed by my own comment.

"I'll walk you back and that's final." His tone had no trace of his previous jolly one, its solemness left no room for any arguments.

We passed through a dark alley. The place radiates danger so I fastened my steps but then I was forcefully dragged to the place. With a cold metal touched my neck, the man spoke.

"Hand over your money, your phone, everything."

"Jae Eun!" Scoups voice echoed through the air.

"Don't you come near me!" The man commanded. "If you don't want me to cut her neck then stay back."

Contricting the path of air, the man's arms started to grip my neck tighter. I struggled for air.

"What cowardice. Is that how you treat a lady? Making her a hostage to get your way? Just so you know, I don't give a fuck whatever happens to her. Now face me head on if you have the balls."

Scoups' provocative challenged seemed to be working. The man shoved me aside and faced Scoups.

"Don't be stupid!" I yelled at him when the man swung a fist to him. He easily dodged it and maintained distance between them.

"Just give me three seconds to finish this." My mouth was ajar when before I could say another word, the man was knocked unconscious.

"Don't underestimate a black belter." He said, reaching out a hand for me to take.

"Thank you." I muttered as I took his kind offer.

We let the authorities who were supposed to be there when I'm in danger and not after the danger, handle the rest.

He stopped from his track and I turned to face him. "Listen. About not caring what happens to you, it was a bluff."

"I know." I comforted as I ruffled his hair.

He sweetly smiled but suddenly gripped my wrist. I winced at the sudden pain.

"What's this?" He asked, his voice compelling.

I glanced at the painful part and noticed swelling, the skin turning pale violet. "It was from earlier." I croaked, slowly retrieving it from him.

"And this?" He gently lifted my chin with his index finger. I felt the cut on my skin open. "It was from the man."

He looked at me, pondering on something going in his mind. "Let's go. You need more than first aid."

I follow him as he strode back to the restaurant. We were nearing the place and I could clearly see the expression Min Soo is wearing right now.