Chapter 38

Hello everybody! I'm so excited for this chapter 'cause for the first time I will be writing it in Scoups' POV. I'm not sure if it'll be alright but I'll give it a shot. Enjoy!

Scoups' POV...

I've been very busy these days.
I barely get to have enough rest; mostly because of the hectic schedule promoting our newly released album. I also constantly find myself worrying about Jae Eun. Though the CEO assured me he's got his men secretly keeping an eye on her, I still feel uneasy- afraid the people after her life will come back.

"Let's take a break." Our choreographer, Hoshi, announced and sighs of relief echoed through the air. I went to a corner and sat on the floor, leaning my back against the wall.

"Hyung!" I pivot my head to the right and a bottle of water was flying to my face which I caught without breaking a sweat.

"Thanks." I yelled to Seungkwan.

"What's distracting you Coups?" I looked at Jeonghan through the corner of my eye. He sat beside me  as I chugged on the bottle to quench my parched throat.

"Me? Distracted?" I asked. I took my towel and wiped my sweat with it. "What made you think so?"

"Just a hunch. Maybe it's because you're not wearing our ring today." He said while wearing an impassive look.

I looked at my right pinky and realized my ring wasn't there. I never take it off unless I feel perturbed by many things.

"Just thinking of things." I told him.

"Like Jae Eun?" Jeonghan said with a serious voice.

This guy really knows me.

"She's one of those things I'm thinking about though."

"Don't deny it Coups. It's written all over your face. About 90% is concerned with her and only 10% of your worries concerns our album promotions."

I gulped and was speechless. I didn't realize that fact until he mentioned it.

"Why are you so concern of Jae Eun? Is it because she reminds you of Anna?" I was taken aback by Jeonghan's words. This guy notices every little thing and that's what makes him freaking annoying sometimes. He's really talented at hitting my spots.

But Jeonghan's right. Jae Eun does reminds me of Anna. From the very moment we met- her attitude, the way she speaks, her clumsiness, her terrible skills in lying, all of her. She may act tough but she easily gets hurt and is really fragile on the inside. It makes me want to protect her and keep her from the world. Before I knew it, she had already made a place in my heart.

"You like her, don't you? You worry for her not because she was put in your care and certainly not because you think of her as your little sister.
It's more than that, am I right?" I gaped at him and he smirked in return.

No, you're wrong. She reminds me of Anna but that doesn't mean I like her. No, I don't feel that way.

"Look at you realize it just now." He laughed at me. "You know what, just admit it already. It's about time to stop dwelling in the past and take what you want to take." He gave me a pat on the shoulder before walking away, leaving me alone to process his words.

This is not the time to be thinking of my own problems! I still have responsibilities as a leader.

--

Time flew by quickly and it's finally time to go home. I slumped on the bench and stared at the ceiling, letting my body recharge its expelled energy.