Chapter 59

Jae Eun's POV...

"Please. Don't do it, Scoups. Min Soo didn't do anything wrong."

The world stopped by the arrival of the new voice, the voice of the person they thought they wouldn't hear anymore.

"J-J-Jae E-Eun?" Scoups stuttered, still not believing the sight before him. If he was dreaming, I bet he wished never to wake up.

I walked forward, my eyes locked with his.

"I thought I wasn't going to see you again." He whispered hoarsely the moment he secured me in his arms.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I replied, embracing him even tighter.

"Jae Eun. She's alive!"

"My daughter."

Dad.

"How?! You... You were dead. You were dead!"

As much as we wanted to preserve the moment, we had a bigger hurdle to overcome. All turned their heads to my stepmother who was so pale as if she had seen a ghost.

"I mean... I'm glad you're alive. Of course I am, dear." The woman faked a smile which obviously failed to fool a soul.

I was about to break apart from Scoups but he pulled me back. "I'm not letting you go ever again." I turned back and cupped his cheeks before smiling assuringly.

"It's okay. I won't leave you again." I said before approaching my stepmother with a smirk on my face.

"Come here, sweetie." She then pulled me for a hug. "I missed you." She said sweetly, gently planting a kiss on my forehead.

I internally rolled my eyes. I feel my stomach turn upside down by putting up this disgusting facade.

"Oh mom, I missed you too." I sarcastically flashed a smile to her before putting handcuffs on her hands while her guard was still down.

"W-What's this?" She asked, so furious and confused that she had to shake her hands to confirm she wasn't seeing things. "What is the meaning of this?!"

"Why? Can you not understand? Has your brain received a damage from your own explosion?" I cooed mockingly, savoring the sweetness of my secured victory.

"Min Soo! Do something!" She demanded. Everyone looked back where Min Soo stood. He passed through everybody coldly and stood between me and my stepmother. There was a long moment of silence, awaiting for Min Soo to make a move. Then Min Soo fixed his gaze on me.

"Take her away." He demanded and police officers suddenly popped out of nowhere.

"Serves you right you brat. You shouldn't have come ba--- Hey! What the fuck are you doing? Let go of me!" Her short victory was cut off when she was dragged.

"Min Soo you traitor! I'll get you for this!" She screamed as she struggled to get her way out. "Lisa, Honey. Help me. I didn't do anything wrong. You need to believe me." She pleaded but her daughter couldn't do anything and her husband wouldn't do anything.

"I still win though." She smirked. "You've signed the papers." She then began to laugh like a complete lunatic.

"You mean this?" She threw a glare to my direction. I held paper the paper she was reffering to, walked up to her, lifted the corner of my lips and shredded the paper to pieces.

"You witch! You'll---"

"You don't have to be so upset about it. It was fake anyway." Min Soo's declaration drained all colors from her face upon realizing she was toyed with from the very beginning.

"A-And what about the evidence?! Y-You couldn't find anything so you have no right to condemn me guilty." Desperate to find a way out, she pushed through despite knowing she would suffer utter loss at the end.

"Shall I display it right now?" Min Soo asked plainly.

"Curse you Jo Min Soo. You'll pay for this! I'll make sure all of yo---"

"Mom, stop!" She looked at Lisa who just snapped out from her momentary trance. She was so innocent about all this that knowing her own mother did terrible things and seeing her crawl her way out of her mess was too much for her to accept. "Just stop and surrender already. Please."

"But Lisa, dear." She called out gently and softly as she could and approached her daughter. "I did all of this for you, for the two of us."

Looking her mother straight in the eyes, Lisa answered firmly. "For me? You were willing to kill Jae Eun for me? I didn't even feel that you loved me. Not even once. I was just a tool for you to use, don't you remember? So please don't use me as a reason, mom. You didn't even love dad. You were just using him so you could be happy with that another man of yours."

Hearing her daughter's words added fuel to the fire that she planned to give Lisa a slap as an act of disownment. Fortunately, Mingyu was there to stop her.

I wasn't expecting that.

"I can't stand watching you hurt the people that are important to me." He snarled.

"Take her away, now." My father demanded and it was done in an instant. His wife was dragged out silently. Everything was working out properly and everything was about to end perfectly. Or so we thought.

Grabbing the gun from the police escort and pointing it to me, my stepmother instantly pulled the trigger without any second thoughts.

"YOU DESERVE TO DIE!" She screamed before completely disappearing from everyone's sight.

Is this really the end for me?

I closed my eyes, accepting my horrible fate.

But where's the pain? Am I already dead? I want to open my eyes but I'm scared. I'm scared.

I took deep breaths to calm myself and mustered all the courage I have. When I finally had the guts, I opened my eyes and was met by a horror.

"D-D-D-Dad?" I trembled at the very site of my own father slowly lossing consciousness. "No, dad! Please stay with me!" I scooped him in my arms as the tears I thought had ran out began to flow again. "Dad!"

"D-Dont... Cry...." He managed to speak as his hands reached out to wipe my tears dry.

"No no no no. You can't. Stay with me, dad. Open your eyes. I need you!"

My mind was in a chaos that before I knew it, the rescue who just came took my father.

"H-He... He's not dead. He's not dead. He's not dead." I kept on chanting.

"It's gonna be okay. I'm here." My mind was so blank that I didn't even recognize who was speaking. I could hear noises around but all seemed to be just buzzing noises of bees in my ears. I was sure of one thing, though. I was sure that whoever's arms were holding me, I feel absolute soothing warmth and security.

Everything is going to be okay. He said that and I believe him.