Chapter 50

"Jae Eun, pack your things." Ordered Scoups as he walked past by me, his voice coated with authority.

"What? Why? Where are we going?" I was confused by his sudden attitude. I followed him to my room, leaving the other members clueless.

"Just hurry up. Min Soo is waiting for you outside." He began to pack my things while I just stood there, frozen.

"Do I need to go to him?" My voice cracked but at least I managed to hold back the tears.

He remained silent and continued what he was doing.

"S-Stop." I told him as I stopped his hands but he shoved me away forcefully.

"Why are you suddenly doing this?"

I don't want to go. I may be selfish right now but I don't want to leave him.

"Answer me." I sobbed and embraced him from behind. "Please." I mumbled between my sobs. He unlocked my hands from his torso and turned to face me, his eyes icy cold- barely showing any emotions at all. I shivered at the sight of a completely different person standing before me.

"I k-know I'm causing you p-problems and even p-putting your lives at r-risk but please d-don't push me away. Please Scoups, please." I wiped the tears that were clouding my vision with the back of my hand and took a deep breath to control the raging emotions swirling inside me at the moment. I waited for his response but his blank stare was the only thing I got. I tried my best to decipher the emotions that flickered in his eyes from time to time but was too slow to do so before it got covered with nothingness.

"Say something." My voice was weak and I felt like no more tears could come out from my worn out and swollen eyes. "Say something, dammit! Why are you suddenly doing this? After all the suffering we've both been through just to convey what we fucking feel. Are you okay with letting  it all go to nothin--"

"Yes I am!"

I flinched by his sudden outburst. If before he looked like someone hypnotized, now, all emotions humans feel is evident in his eyes.

Pain. Anger. Guilt. Agony. Lonliness. Helplessness. Sadness.

"How dumb can you be? Must I spill everything out?" He furiously slammed me to the wall, his tight grip painfully digging to my weak shoulders.

"You are a burden Nam Jae Eun. Your selfish wish to stay here will harm my members." He freed me from his hold and he put some distance between us. "Really. How did I fall in love with you?"

His words shattered my whole being. If possible, I would've wished for the ground to open up and swallow me right now. My knees gave up, my back slid down against the wall and I helplessly fell to the floor.

I don't want to feel this pain. I don't to hear these words directly from him.

"I'm sorry to say this but I was confused with my own feelings. I now realize that I only see you as my younger sister and nothing more."

I slowly raised my head to meet his eyes looking down on me with pity. I didn't know what to do. I just wanted to escape this fucking reality.

But then I realized crying wouldn't solve anything. Crying wouldn't make Scoups take back everything he said. Crying won't give me strength to stand up and fight and most importantly, crying wouldn't help me face my stepmother.

I gathered every ounce of strength and willpower I have left to help myself stand up. Taking a long deep breath, I then looked at Scoups in the eye, tucking the strands of hair that had stuck on my wet face.

"I'm sorry for being a burden to you and to everyone else. Thank you for everything you have done for me until now." I bowed in the most polite way I could. I forced a tiny smile before grabbing my things and turning around for the door.

This is goodbye for now then. I love you, Choi Seungcheol. I promise I'll be back.

3rd Person's POV...

"Jae Eun where are you going?" Dk scurried to stop Jae Eun but she just smiled in response.

"We'll come up with something. Just please calm down and don't leave."

"The8 is right, we'll solve this together. Don't do this. You'll regret this Jae Eun." Mingyu stepped forward and made an attempt to take Jae Eun's belongings from her hand but he failed.

"Hyung! Do something and stop her." Seungkwan cried out to Jeonghan and Joshua who didn't breath a word.

"Our leader had to make this difficult decision and the least we can do is to respect that." Joshua said.

"This is for the best everyone. Please understand." Jeonghan added.

"The best?" Jun questioned, his voice showing a hint of anger.

"Hyung, we are about to lose our 14th member and you say it's for the best?"  Hoshi said, his voice wavering like he was about to cry.

"Please, listen to us. Hyung." Wonwoo begged, his deep voice cracking.

"Don't make a fuss about something so small. It's not like you'll never see me again." Jae Eun smiled and sounded a little laugh once the awkward silence had settled in.

"But Jae Eun..."

"It's okay Vernon. Just think of it as me having a little vacation. With me gone, you'll be able to go back to your normal lives."

"Then I won't have someone I'd be able to use as stress reliver." Woozi who was quitely standing at the corner, muttered.

"Min Soo is waiting for me outside. I need to go." And with that, the members weren't able to do anything else except to watch Jae Eun go.

"Are you sure with this?" Min Soo asked the moment Jae Eun got inside the car. Jae Eun didn't reply for she knew if she say a word, tears would come back flowing.

"It'll be fine. Everything will be fine." Unwanted tears came rolling back again and for a long time, Jae Eun cried on Min Soo's shoulder.

--

"Hyung!" The members all gathered around their leader the moment he stepped from Jae Eun's room.

"Please stop her. Tell her you don't want her to go." Dino begged, his eyes piercing Scoups' own.

"It's better without her. We will get our normal lives back and we'll be able to sleep with no worries whether we'll get to wake up for another day." Scoups blatant statement stunned everyone.

"I can't believe you are saying that. Everything will not be normal without her and you know that. She was a part of our family." Retorted Dino, his statement earning everyone's agreement. "You're not the hyung I know." This was Dino's last statement before walking away.

"I'm doing this for her. Earlier, there were random incidents. I was such a fool to think I was able to protect her. I was fucking wrong. She still got hurt." Scoups sat down, his hands covering his face, frustrated.

"She is safer with Min Soo."