Chapter 51

Jae Eun's POV...

"What's wrong? Ran out of tears?" Min Soo asked me as soon as my crying had died down and I gave him a punch on the face for asking an outrageous question.

"Hey, just trying to make you feel better." He remarked, buckling up his seatbelt and driving his car to join the others on the street.

"Are you worried?" He asked, throwing me a quick glance through the mirror. "Don't be. That woman will not approach them." He added.

"Are you listening? Or are you even breathing?" I rolled my eyes in irritation but kept my mouth shut knowing it'll be the best thing to do.

I casted a quick glance at Min Soo who hastily made a dial on his phone the moment the traffic lights had turned red. "I have an emergency. My friend here is not breathi---"

"Jo Min Soo?" I sweetly called, instantly grabbing his attention. "Can you please be quite? Say more and I might really kill myself for the sake of the rescue you called." I told him.

"I'm sorry for the disturbance but it seemed like she's still alive. Thank you." He put his phone on the dashboard just the exact time the lights turned green.

"I know a cafe that makes special coffees. Let's drop by." He turned right and properly parked the car and just when I got out, two men in black riding on a motorcycle stopped a couple of meters away from us and began to shoot aimlessly at us.

"GET DOWN!" Commanded Min Soo. I could barely hear his voice with the simultaneous shooting going. I scurried to his side and he led me to duck at the side of his car, making the car's door a shield. The shooting lasted for almost a minute and we were lucky enough to stand up in one piece.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" I shook my head as response to Min Soo as I roamed my gaze, searching for those bastards but to no avail, no traces or even a shadow entered my line of vision.

"What about y--" My eyes landed on his left arm he had been clasping, blood clearly flowing from his white sleeves. "Y-You're hit. W-We s-should stop the b-bleeding." I stuttered. I took a cloth from my luggage and hurriedly began to wrap it around his arm, hoping it'd stop the bleeding.

"Calm down. I won't die from a little blood loss." Min Soo soothed my messed up mind and my trembling hands just by saying that. "Fold that cloth twice and tie it around like this." I followed his instructions carefully and I finally came to the last step, which is to secure it in a knot.

My breathing became heavy and my lips were bleeding from my bite because of the thought of that woman's face. Knowing that somewhere in this world, she's fucking smiling at our pitiful situation.

I can't wait to strangle her life out of her.

"Hey!" I snapped back to reality when I hear Min Soo howl in pain.

"I know you have some grievances to me but please let it out next time." He paused and looked at his arm. "That hurt."

Then I just realized that the knot was so tight, not to mention I tied it suddenly with great force.

"Please don't be a doctor or a nurse." He adviced with a mocking laugh. I rolled my eyes, not able to believe this guy can still joke at times like this.

"Here they come."

I furrowed my eyebrows at his statement, not having a clue about 'them.' I was about to ask him but in a measly second, I was given an answer. Sirens echoed through the air, people and cars making way for them.

I flicked back my eyes to him. "I'm amazing, aren't I? I got this abili---"

"I didn't ask." I deadpanned, burrying the fact that I was really shocked and amazed he did that. I hid it because praising his ego and experiencing its effects would be the last thing I'd want to do.

"I'm fine. It's just a small graze." He told the paramedics who came to his assistance, dismissing them afterwards with authority.

He stood before his car. He wore the face of a person broken, not a single penny left in possession.

"You can get a new car, right?" I asked.

"I can. But this car is just something unrepleacable." He said in a weak voice.

"Wait here while I make sure things don't get out of hands." He told me and I watch him depart to face the authorities as well as the reporters who had gathered just a couple of minutes after the shoot-out.

I just stood like a mannequin and watched Min Soo take over control of things. Then my mind unconsciously flew back to Scoups.

Why did he suddenly act like that? He didn't even care to explain. He only sees me as his sister? He's confused with his feelings? What is he, an idiot who forgot the answer to 1+1? That jerk. I'll make sure he pays for breaking me like this.

"Nam Jae Eun," I shot my glare that was on the ground the whole time to Min Soo who wore a baffled and worried look. "You looked like you were about to kill someone. Are you okay?"

"Do I look like okay to you?" I snarled, turning away to get inside the car.

He followed me quitely and drove his car down the street.

"That woman. Her ways are of an immature. I hate to admit it but she doesn't leave any traces. That meticulous witch." I mumbled fervidly through clenched teeth, attention focused outside and talking to no one in particular.

"Aren't you glad?" I snapped my head to Min Soo and looked at him incredulously. "I mean with what she's been doing since this morning, our plan has completely started." I frustratedly laid my head against the window, acknowledging Min Soo's point.

"We just have to keep making her take the bait and wait until she makes a mistake. That is why you should not think badly of Scoups. What he did was for the best."

My mind was again drifting back to him but I quickly regained focus."Wait? When will she make a mistake Min Soo? Until everyone around has experienced her evilness? We have to play the trump card before that happens." I said, anger mixed with hatred boiling inside me.

"Patience Jae Eun. Don't use our trump card recklessly. You know the consequences if it fails."

"We have to." I emphasized, swaying my fears aside as Min Soo mentioned the word I hate and fear the most- consequences.

The car halted before I knew it and I found myself staring at a magnificent mansion before me.

"Is this your house?"

"What do you think? Will I park the car here if it wasn't my house?"

I gave him a 'I'm just verifying look' and went on before him. The door automatically opened as if it had a sensor and housemaids lined up to greet him, one of them taking my stuffs and the other taking Min Soo's.

What do you expect from a CEO's son?

Dinner was shortly served and after, I lounged at the living room. I closed all curtains to hide me from anyone's eye. Min Soo then joined me and turned on the TV.

"For today's latest news. Head of Police Department and the son of Pledis' CEO- Jo Min Soo, together with the daughter of the owner of Royal Hospital- Nam Jae Eun, was attacked by two unknown persons. The police are still investigating the motive and are currently....."

"Those reporters. I told them to keep our identity confidential." I heard him whisper harshly.

When will all of this pain and suffering end?

Hello everyone. This might be my last update for this week and the next will probably be next week. We are going to Camotes Island and internet there is so slow as a turtle.

See you next chapter and have a happy summer vacation!