Chapter 39

Jae Eun's POV...

I'll do it now. First, I'll clear things up with Min Soo who knows my true identity more than I do and then I'll face Scoups who had been a jerk last night.

I faced the mirror, fixed my collar and wore a determined face before going out to the battlefield.

I was planning to have breakfast at the restaurant but the aroma from the kitchen entered my system and it was freaking hard to just ignore it.

Curse you Kim Mingyu.

I walked my way to the dining room, praying at the back of my head not to see him right now. After checking everyone's faces, I was relieved I didn't see his.

"Good morning Jae Eun." I jolted at the greeting. Was it just me or was his voice really near my ear? I felt his breath brush strands of my hair.

He walked passed me and sat to his spot.

What's this? He's trying to act like nothing fucking happened? After harassing me last night which kept me awake until morning? I bet he slept well and even had sweetdreams while I had daynightmare instead of sweet daydreams. What an asshole he is!

"Don't you want to si-- Hey what happened to your forehead?" He asked wearing his innocent face and voice.

The other members were holding their laughters and it embarassed me to see them do. I swept the humiliation aside and focused on the important topic at hand.

I hate him. Fine, I won't talk things with him. I mean what's the point when he had already forgot it? It was just him playing with me.

"Hello? Are you still there? Aren't you gonna eat?"

"No thanks. My stomach got upset the moment I heard your voice." And with that, I left them. I heard the members murmur, probably confused with what just happened.

Well, ask your leader!

Before entering the retaurant, I took the sterile gauze that was covering my wound and instead covered the wound with my bangs to evade questions.

"Jo Min Soo!" I shouted the moment I set foot inside.

"What's with the fuss early in the morning Jae Eun?" Mina who just popped out from the cashier area asked but I ignored her.

"And did you just call our manager by his full name? Better watch your words." She warned but I didn't care even a bit.

"Where's that guy? He's supposed to be here. I've still got a lot of questions to ask him. Don't tell me he skipped work today just to avoid that. What a big coward." I professed.

"Backbiting me early in the morning. Must be feeling energetic, aren't we?" He asked, a little hint of sarcasm in his voice.

I bolted forward and maintained some distance between us. "Min Soo. I have---"

"Just because you learned a little about me yesterday doesn't mean you can get all familiar with me. I'm still your boss you know." His face darkened and it was intimidating. "Let's take this up upstairs." He told me as he began to walk.

I approached Mina and told her I'm going to explain everything later since she was painting a face of a child who doesn't know what candy to pick from a bowl of candies- so confused.

"Okay," I began. I took a deep breath before continuing. "Tell me the whole truth Min Soo. Please. I now know that you're somebody who was close to me once, a person who spent a long time being my friend that is why I'm able to talk rudely to you right now. I admit I was overjoyed when I learned that. It's just that I want to learn something more of relevance. Something that will help me find out who and why are they after me. Something that will clear my suspicions of you."