Chapter 41

Jae Eun's POV...

I know remember why they're after my life and it was all just for their damn greed. The second I felt the pain receded, I decided to go home. I feel itchy knowing that I'm admitted to one of our own hospitals. Just staying here was suffocating. With Seventeen gone, nobody is here to stop me.

I opened the cabinet and found my clothes there, neatly folded. I grabbed them and quickly changed into them. I was done with my pants and now I stripped the hospital gown, revealing my naked upper half.

"Jae Eu---" I glared at Min Soo and quickly covered my chest.

"Don't even bother. You totally have zero sex appeal. Might as well look at a log." He deadpanned as he stepped closer.

"You insolent---! Argh!" I was rendered speechless and he smirked when he saw that.

"I admit my body is not perfect but I still have breasts and curves. Does a log have those beautiful features?!" My eyes looked at him with fury as he scrutinized my body.

"W-What?" I asked and stepped back.

"Nothing. Just wondering where in your body does those beautiful features reside."

My jaw dropped open. He's being so obnoxious right now and it's annoying me to the core.

"Look at me for another second and I'll make sure you'll see flying angels." His eyes showed excitement at my warning.

"Enough with this. Where do you think you're going?" He asked, wearing his usual strict voice.

"Out to meet my cruel fate and I won't let you stop me." I hissed as I wore my blouse. I didn't care if he sees me naked, he's not interested in me anyway.

"Same here. I won't let you stop me from stopping you." He declared, making me wear an annoyed face.

"You won't be able to leave this place.
Not on my watch. Just so you know, my men are surrounding this building." I was taken aback by his words. I didn't know he's a loyal dog of my father. I didn't think he'd go this far.

I peeked at the window and indeed he's serious. Police cars were at standby outside, their blue and red lights radiated through the night.

I sighed, a sign that I admit defeat.

"Just take me home." I glanced at him. "What? Don't tell me I'm not allowed to do that?"

"You're such a handful. What do I do with you?" I heard him grumble as he shook his head. He opened the door and I followed him.

--

The moment the car stopped, I quickly got out without saying a word.
Min Soo opened the window and reminded me of something. "Don't come to work until next week. You need rest and that's an order."

This is the best command I've received from this tyrant. I forced a smile in response.

I waited for a little while and watched Min Soo drive away. When he was out of sight, I also went my way but when I turned around, my heart walloped when I met Scoups' judging eyes and serious demeanor.

"Getting close with your boss? Must be nice." He said with a bit of  sarcasm.

I raised my brows in confusion. Confused as to why he's suddenly acting strange.

"Must be nice if you don't meddle with my business." I said with my eyes rolling. I walked to the door and was about to open it but he blocked the way with his body.

"What?"

I raised my head and he looked at me. His eyes contained his emotions but I couldn't decipher what exactly is he feeling at the moment.

"Move aside." I demanded and tried pushing my body against his.

"I said move. Are you fucking deaf?" Subconsciously, my voice raised and was wavering a bit.

I can't stand being near him. Not after what he did.

"If you don't move I'll---"

He put a hand behind my head and pulled me close for his lips to meet mine. His hips grazed my stomach. I pushed him away and gasped for air but he only to it as an opportunity to deepen the kiss.

Why are you doing this? Why are you making my heart beat like this? I hate you.

Temptation once again coursed  through my body but before I could do something I'd regret later, I stopped myself. I bit his lip and slapped him hard.

After processing everything, he looked at me and I flinched by his gaze. He was angry, he was hurt, he was sad, he was shocked. I trailed my gaze from his eyes down to his bleeding lips. I wanted to give him aid immediately but I was still in turmoil.

He approached me and I stepped back until my back hit the door. "Stop. Just please, let's stop this." My tears started to trickle down my cheeks. I turned around so that I can't see his face and he can't see mine. Then I felt his arms make its way around my torso and he hugged me tight. He rested his head to my nape, his cold breaths give me chills everytime they hit my neck.

"Let me just stay like this for a minute." He whispered in the gentlest and sweetest voice he could.

How can those simple words be so painful and cunning? If only there was a way to escape his spell.

Kaboom! If you liked this chapter, let me know. Vote and comment. Thank you!