Chapter 30

5 Years earlier...

"Mr. Nam, I'm sorry to say but it may take sometime to for her to recover her memories. She's still very young so I believe she will surely remember everything. Let's just give her some time, space and support."

I opened my eyes and the people in the room immediately rushed to my aid. The nurse helped me get up.

"What happened?" I asked, wincing from the intense pain I feel in my head.

"Do you remember who you are?" Asked the man robed in white clothes.

"Nam Jae Eun." I mumbled and they all sighed in relief. I saw my dad hide his tears. When I trailed my gaze to the woman behind him who was also crying, the pain attacked me again and this time it was unbearable. It was excruciating and it was driving me crazy. I looked back at the woman who grinned evily.

---

"Jae Eun-ah, are you know okay?" I slowly opened my eyes and dad's face was the first one to greet me. Next to him was the woman I saw earlier.

"Dad." I cried out as I clung tightly to him.

"It's okay. I'm here. Don't be scared."

I'm not scared. I just miss you so much.

He patted my head and looked straight in my eyes.  "Do you remember anything else aside from me and your name?"

I thought deeply and I could only remember a vague scene in my mind.

"I... I heard a knock  and... and I thought it was you so I went outside but you weren't there so I went to the stairs." My lips were quivering, my body shaking and tears flowed like stream.

"It's okay, take it slow."

"Then I was pushed." I said with a shaky voice.

Dad and the woman both gasped, their eyes widened in shock.

"Then I heard her voice speaking to a man." I said as I pointed at the woman beside dad. She looked even more shock, as if I remembered or heard something I shouldn't have.

"Dear, she was right. After I saw her fell down the stairs, I panicked and quickly called for Mr. Park's help." The woman calmly said while patting dad's shoulder.

That's not true. That's a lie. Something is wrong here. If only I could remember that piece.

"I heard them talk about..." I whispered. The woman's face turned pale and I could tell she's hiding something.

"It's okay, don't force yourself to remember. Just rest." The woman said as she held my hand and smiled at me. My dad did the same and kissed me on the forehead.

---

I've spent 3 whole weeks in this hospital and I'm sick of the doctors treating me a guinea pig.

"Let's go?" Dad said and opened the door.

Finally I'm getting out of this place.

We reached the house and everyone seemed happy to welcome me back, though I don't remember who they are.

"Food is ready, sir. Please proceed to the dining room." A guy, probably a year older than me, who was beside the door informed us as he bowed politely.

He stared at me and I stared back at him. His eyes were coldly looking at me but he also looked sad. His eyes were screaming words I couldn't uderstand.

I smiled at him before proceeding to the dining room.

---

Days passed. Weeks passed and eventually months passed. I still haven't regained my memories and that oddly familiar guy wasn't around anymore. I felt out of place even though I live here. I don't remember the housekeepers. But even though I feel like this, I'm not lonely because dad often comes to spend time with me.

Dad said he was coming home early tonight but it's already past 10 PM. I wore my jacket and went outside to wait for him.

"Waiting for your daddy?" the witch's voice sounded. I turned back and saw Lisa viciously grinning at me. I rolled my eyes and ignored her which I knew was unpleasant for her.

She suddenly began pulling my hair.

"You freak! Just get out of our lives already!" She screamed, slapping me hard on my face.

"Me? Get out? You must be crazy! You and your bitch of a mother should be the ones to get out." I screamed back in fury and slapped her back twice as hard. She glowered at me, shocked. I didn't know the reason why she was making that face but it was probably because she didn't expect me to do that.

Was I a good girl before I lost my memories? Too bad I'm not that girl anymore.

She raised her hand again but just before she landed it on my face, I stopped her.

"Let go!" She shrieked.

"You want me to? Fine." I let her hand go with enough force to push her away and loosing her balance, she fell to the floor.

"Lisa." Her mother rushed to Lisa's side, checking her swollen cheeks.

"What did you do to my daughter you wench!" My stepmother roared. She helped Lisa up and the two confronted me.

The three of us soon began brawling, giving each other kicks, blows and slaps. Amidst our fight, Lisa was accidentally pushed by her own mother. She once again fell down but this time she hit her head against the edge of a wooden bench. She fell unconscious, blood slowly spreading on the white marble floor.

"What happened?" I turned and saw dad.

"Jae Eun and Lisa had a fight and your daughter suddenly pushed my Lisa." She cried out, gathering Lisa in her arms.

Dad looked at me with anger and it pierced my heart.

He believes her?

"Dad I---"

"I'm very disappointed at you Jae Eun." His voice was deep and his eyes were cold.

"But I didn't do it. Please believe me." I reasoned out as I clung to his arm but he shoved me away.

"I don't want to hear more of your lies Jae Eun."

His words stabbed my heart. Louds sirens were heard and people were panicking. I watched my own father carry his stepdaughter. He left me. I'm all alone now.

"You're real mother is dead and your father hates you know. You have no place here." My stepmother hissed as she looked at me with disgust. I couldn't say anything. I was just too mentally weak to speak right now.

Morning came. After all the crying my tears had ran out.

"Lisa is in comatose." I heard my father's voice.

"This is all Jae Eun's fault."

"I know. I know." He assured my crying stepmom.

---

Present time...

Okay, so to summarize my long story,  I ran away from home that day. Bringing nothing along with me, I tried my best to survive in the outside world. For a girl like me who was well sheltered, it was hellish. But I was determined to survive. With the help of strangers and with my priceless efforts, I managed to get where I am right now. I became the vice manager of a big restaurant, met Mina and met my manager who undoubtly played a great role in my life. My dad never looked for me. It hurts but my heart had become numb to feel anymore pain.

Someone's been after my life but after meeting Seventeen, I thought I could finally be able to live a peaceful life, though I'm always at war with the other members. I was wrong though.  The evil queen along with her wicked princess has made a come back and they'll never stop until they ruin my life again.