Chapter 3

SAY THE NAME! SEVENTEEN!

"Slacking off early in the morning, huh?"

I jolted in place. I did not wish to hear that voice right now.

I slowly pivot my body to my left and lowered my head, "I'm sorry Manager."

"Look at me." He said. His voice was stern so I guess I'm up for some scolding.

I followed what he said and raised my head. When I saw his hand reaching to me, I just closed my eyes and waited for the pain.

"What's this?" He asked, gently touching a portion of my left cheek.

"T-this? It's nothing. My cat scratched me, that's all." I let out a nervous laugh and hoped he'd believe me.

"Don't lie. I know how you got this."

"Why ask when you had the answer in your mind?" I murmured as I rolled my eyes.

"You said something?"

"Nothing." I answered snappily.

He heard it.

"What about the ones who escaped?"

"Who do you think you're talking to? Did you actually think they'd be able to escape that easily? Let's go." He said and walked to his car.

"Then I'll go my own way too." I made a slight bow but someone suddenly dragged me and the next thing I knew was the car's door slammed at my face.

"We'll go together, idiot."

Huh?

What an awkward atmosphere.

"I heard from Mina that you were stalked these past few days."

I was flustered by his statement so my brain couldn't think straight and find a reply. "W-well yes. I mean no. That--"

"Which is it? Yes or no?"

Why am I like this? I always stutter even by small questions. Keep yourself together Jae Eun. Simply deny what he said.

I took a deep breath before opening my mouth. "That's not true, Manager. I just told her a joke. Hahaha."

Please believe me this time. I don't want you meddling with my problems 'cause I know it'll only give me more troubles.

"Nice try but you'll need 10 more years before you could make me believe in your lies." He brusquely replied.

"He's at it again. Asking with an answer. Hmph."

"Report it immediately before the matter gets worse."

Oh, he's just concerned about me. He's not mad at all. I really jump into conclusion without hearing the whole story.

"Thank you for your concern but--"

"Please refrain from having other thoughts registered in your mind. I'm just doing my job."

This guy.....

"O-oh, right."

Just doing his job, huh? I take it back, I think he's not mad but I feel like he's holding a great grudge against me.

"I do not want this to happen again. Are we clear?" He asked as he showed authority in his deep voice. I nod and mumbled my reply.

This is the manager of the restaurant I'm working at and at his young age, just a year or two older than me, he is also the head of the police department. If you think clearly, being the head of police department and managing a restaurant may seem to not fit well together so I once asked him what made him do the jobs both at the same time but he just stared at me so I did not dare ask him the second time.

Just a warning: ⚠ Do not anger Jo Min Soo.

Lucky huh? Scrap that word. From now on, I will really delete that word from my life-dictionary.