Chapter 19

"Dig in everyone. Mingyu and Jae Eun really poured their efforts making these delicious foods." Scoups stated, pulling a chair like a gentleman and ushered for the visitor to sit.

"Ji Su," She said her name as she extended her hand to me.

"Jae Eun," I replied and etched a smile.

We all ate quietly. The atmosphere was calm but it had the tinge of awkwardness in it.

"Hoshi-Oppa. Try this. It's really good." Ji Su scooped the soup with her spoon and sweetly offered it to Hoshi but he plainly declined.

"Thanks but that doesn't suit my taste." Hoshi coldly said, making Ji Su force a smile as she laid her back to her seat comfortably.

"Okay," She said almost in a whisper.

I darted Hoshi a glare and asked him in the eye if the soup I made was not really good. Good thing he looked at me with guilty eyes and replied that it was good.

He really doesn't like her, does he?

When we were done, most members fled the table quietly and entered their respective rooms, leaving me, Ji Su, Scoups and Mingyu.

"You guys rest. I'll take care of the dishes." I offered and gathered the plates in my hand and placed them in the kitchen counter.

"I'll help too." Ji Su said as she placed the remaining utensils neatly above the plates.

"No, you're a guest. Just leave the cleaning to me." I insisted as I took a glass from her hand.

"No, let me help." She insisted.

I could sense Scoups and Mingyu pacing their gazes back and forth to Ji Su and me.

She attempted to snatch back the glass from me and while she was at it, I don't know if I'm just imagining it but it felt like it was her intention all along.

When she grabbed the glass, it slipped from her grasps and shattered into pieces when it hit the tiled floor. She panicked and quickly gathered the pieces with her bare hands and you can guess what happened next.

Careless, was all I could think about.

She let out a shriek that indicated she was in pain. Scoups and Mingyu quickly came to her and when they laid eyes on her cut, which was quite deep, Scoups immediately fled to where the first aid kit was and returned with it.

"I---" I started but she cut me off.

"It's okay. It's not your fault for suddenly letting go of the glass. It was me who insisted to help." She said with a shaky voice, wincing from time to time as Mingyu treated her wound.

I wasn't going to apologize. And I know it's not my fault because I didn't let go of the glass. She took it from me forcefully and intentionally let go of it.
Hurting herself was part of her plan too. I could tell.

"But I--"

"It's okay. It was an unwanted accident. No need for apologies." Scoups reassured me and offered to help me instead.

I felt a sting in my heart. Not because I was guilty, I'm certainly not, but because I had caused another problem for him.