Chapter 34

"Why didn't you tell me?" Jae Eun clutched Min Soo's sleeves as she looked at him in the eyes with her red swollen eyes, begging for answers.

"Tell me!" She demanded but Min Soo still kept quite.

"Hold out your hands." Min Soo said with a plain tone.

"What? Why are you avoiding my question? Just tell me already."

Min Soo firmly placed his hands unto Jae Eun's shoulders. "You've gone through so much for today. I'll tell you when you're ready."

Jae Eun slapped away Min Soo's arms. "You know what? You're just like your father. Do you enjoy keeping me in the dark that much? Do you find it amusing and fascinating watching me struggle? If only I---"

"Nam Jae Eun!"

Jae Eun jolted, shocked by the sudden raise of Min Soo's voice.

"Just give me your hand." Min Soo once again said in a almost calm voice, trying to maintain his composure.

"No." She said, burrying her hands between her legs.

Min Soo heaved a sigh, massaging his temples.

"You're hard headed as always. Just give me your hand so I can treat your cuts."

"I can do it myself. I don't need your help."

"Jae Eun." His voice had a tinge of irritation this time.

"Fine. I will if you tell me how are we related? Why do you know my past?"

Min Soo sighed deeply as he laid his back against the wall. "I once lived in your house." He began.

"And?" She asked, narrowing her eyes- the only indication that she was very eager to know more.

Min Soo's body relaxed, knowing hr has to spill enough information to please the lady. "Do you remember when you first return home from the hospital? I was there to greet you."

Jae Eun narrowed her eyes and thought deeply. A few seconds later, her caramel colored eyes beamed.

"You were that guy? Why didn't you say anything that time? Why did you suddenly disappear?" The bottled up questions finally rained down.

"My mom was a housemaid that time but she remarried some rich man and afterwards, we left the mansion to live with him. We were close so I wanted to tell you somethings that time to help you regain your memories but as a little, selfish helpless kid, I kept my mouth shut-thought it was best for you."

"I believe I've told you enough. Now please be a good girl and give me your hand." He demanded. Unfortunately, his words didn't quenched Jae Eun's inquisitive mind.

"But---"

He didn't wait any longer. His patience was running out thin and so he reverted back to his usual stern self.

"Your hand." He glared at Jae Eun but she defiantly shook her head.

"You won't, huh?" He asked, his voice threatening. He walked up to Jae Eun to grab her hands but she was strong enough to fight back.

"If you don't get that treated, your wounds will eventually worsen. Leaving the physicians no choice but to cut off your hands." He kept the seriousness in his voice.

"Is that how you scare me back then? I regret to inform you that I'm not that child anymore." She childishly stuck out her tongue at him and this triggered Min Soo's childish side as well.

Continuing what he was doing, he forcefully grabbed Jae Eun's hands.

"No no no no no..... It hurts." She wailed in pain but still remained stubborn and didn't free her hands from her legs.

Min Soo thought of giving up but then he suddenly remembered Jae Eun's weakest point. He began tickling Jae Eun's stomach, making her drop her defense percentage to zero.

She dropped down onto the cold tiled floor and Min Soo hovered his body over her.

"Hahaha.. S-Stop! You're k-killing m-me." Her laughter rang throughout the room.

"P-please." She begged, eyes already teary from all the laughing.

"Nam Jae Eun." The two both threw their attention to the door where there stood an expressionless Scoups and a shocked Mina.

"Wait. This doesn't mean anything." She defensively reasoned out at the tw. Shifting back her attention to Min Soo, she glared daggers at him. "Get off me." She harshly whispered to him. Min Soo got up and helped Jae Eun stand.

"Let's go." Scoups sternly commanded.

"But I still have things to discuss with Min Soo." Jae Eun retorted but when Scoups shot her a glare, she reluctantly acquiesced and just grunted inwardly.

"Let's go." Those two words alone were enough to make Jae Eun trail behind Scoups.