Chapter 53

3rd Person's POV...

"Hyung! You've seen the news haven't you?!" Screamed Seungkwan hysterically, popping up from his seat and pacing back and forth while nervously biting his thumb's fingernail.

"Those bastards must've had a death wish. How dare they shoot bullets at an innocent person, set aside the Head of Police Department!" Hoshi threw a tantrum, taking his anger out by punching the wall.

"Let's go check on her." The8 suggested firmly.

"Do you think she's okay?" Vernon querried, his question adding more tension to the atmosphere.

"She's with Min Soo so she's safe." Jun reminded them, hoping saying so would somehow ease the tension building up.

"Calm down. Panicking won't do anything you know." Mingyu assured, his calm voice barely masking his trembling one.

"Calm down you say? Hyung, how can we at a time like this? And here I thought you're one of the most worried about her." Dino stood from his seat and approached Mingyu offensively, his aura emitting anger for no one in particular.

Stepping between the two was Wonwoo. "Mingyu was just trying to cool things off. We're all worried about her but I regret to say that there is not much we can do."

"Wonwoo is right. Even if we go there now, do you think there's anything we can do?" Woozi stated the fact the rendered everybody speechless. They all darted their gazes to their leader who was sitting at the corner of the room emerged in deep thoughts, hoping they'd extract some words out of him. But to no avail, not a single word was spoken. Before they knew it, they were trailing their gazes on their leader's back as he exit the dorm without a single word.

"Where do you think he's going?" Dk asked.

"Where else?" Joshua remarked dryly, disappointed at the fact that Seungcheol is leaving them from whatever he was about to do.

"Let's go follow him." Vernon was supposed to go after their leader but Jeonghan blocked the pathway, giving Vernon the face that made him go back to his seat.

They waited patiently, uneasiness attacking their minds every second that passes.

"Jeonghan hyung, don't you think it's about time we go after him?" Jeonghan flicked his attention at Dino, worry written all over his face.

"I've tried calling him but he won't answer." Mingyu declared, adding more weight to the situation.

"...The explosion was big enough to put the entire manor in flames. As of now, the firefighters have secured all residents of the mansion except for one, Nam Jae Eun, the only heir of Royal Hospital. The police are still..."

"HEY LOOK! ISN'T THAT OUR LEADER?!" All focused their attention to the side of the screen where Hoshi had been pointing and all colors drained from their faces when they saw Seungcheol's state. There was blood dribbling down his forehead, bruises on his face, he was currently being wrapped in bandages by the medics and was just staring at nothing. His eyes was lifeless and he looked so broken and devastated. In a measly second, not a single person can be found in the room.

"Where is he?!" Seungkwan desperately made his way through the  sea of reporters, the others trailing behind him, and into the field were injured people were being treated.

"Here!" Jeonghan called out.

"Hyung! Why are you like this?!" Dino's voice cracked as he carefully examined Seungcheol's injuries.

"Let's take you to the hospital." Woozi said and was supposed to help Seungcheol up but he remained obstinate in his seat.

"What's wrong, hyung? We need a doctor to examine you." The8's delirious state surfacing.

"Where's Jae Eun?" Mingyu asked gently. Seungcheol slowly raised his head up, his swollen eyes that were full of negative emotions pierced through Mingyu's whole being. Mingyu fell to the ground as if he was a corpse, taking his time to grasp the meaning of Seungcheol's distraught face.

"No, that can't be." DK sniffled and his voice hitched at the very first word.

"I-I'm sure she's s-safe. Let's just be p-positive." Wonwoo ran his fingers through his hair, trying to surpress his panick in any way he could.

The others were found dumb at the moment, some fell to the ground and some couldn't stop their tears.

"Seungcheol." A ray of hope shone when Min Soo appeared. Those who were on the ground snappily stood up, eager to hear Min Soo's news.

Seungcheol strayed his weak gaze to Min Soo's direction and finally, life once again came back to him. Instead of pain, wrath engulfed his entire being. He strode towards Min Soo and Min Soo didn't move an inch, ready to accept the painful blow he knew would come. He was thrown a couple of  meters away from where he was once standing.

"You promised me!" Screamed Seunngcheol, his voice hoarsed and weak.

Min Soo staggered to a standing position, wiping the blood at the corner of his lips.

"You can beat me all you want but right now I can't afford to be physically unwell. I need to save Jae Eun."

Seungcheol's offensive aura depreciated and he retreated a couple of steps back, falling on his knees.

"She's alive, though not safe, but she's alive." Jeonghan heaved a sigh of relief, tears of joy threatening to fall.

"We'll help." Jun butted in as he stepped forward.

"No. You stay. I don't want to put your lives on the line." Min Soo told them, his voice holding absolute authority.

"Our lives were already put on the line the moment we accepted her." Woozi countered smartly, putting Min Soo silent.

Taking a deep breath, Min Soo gave them clear instructions. "You won't listen to me, will you? Then fine. Don't blame me if you loose a limb or two."

The briefing continued for almost half an hour with Min Soo carefully taking all possibilities into consideration and making room for any mistakes that may occur and with Seventeen listening, not missing a single word spoken by Min Soo.

"We start tonight. Got it?" One single nod from them and Min Soo was on his heels.

"Listen, I can do this alo---"

"Aren't you tired shouldering all the burdens? 'Cause I'm fucking tired of watching you struggle. If only I knew
you wouldn't trust me- trust us, then I wouldn't have joined this group!"
Everyone was taken aback by Woozi's blunt words through his sudden outburst, fat drops of sweat trickled down his forehead.

"I'm sorry." Mumbled Seungcheol. Balling his hands into fists, he continued. "For being selfish."

"Everyone huddle up!" Joshua instructed and everybody knew what they were supposed to do.

"Seventeen," the leader started.

"FIGHTING!" They all shouted in perfect unison.