Chapter 60 - END

Dad, I'm sorry. Please wake up. I have so much to tell you. Please...

"Jae Eun, are you okay? Do you feel pain anywhere?" I snapped to my right where Seventeen and Min Soo were standing.

"It hurts. I can't breathe." I darted my words to Scoups who asked the question as I clutched my chest.

"You don't have to worry about anything anymore." Min Soo told me nonchalantly.

Hope sparked inside of me but at the same time, fear also did.

"W-What do you mean?" I gulped, patiently waiting for the next words.

"Your father is now okay." I was more than thankful and delighted to hear those words from Scoups that I wasn't able to stop myself from giving him a passionate kiss.

Woozi cleared his throat before speaking. "Let's go get some food, shall we?" He then led the way and everyone followed him.

Finally, alone with Scoups.

"Wait." He abruptly cut the kiss by pushing me apart from him. This put me in a daze.

"Look, I know that you're angry at me after I said those painful words. I won't ask for your forgiveness for what I did was unforgivable but I just want you to know that---"

"You talk too much." He said and hushed me down by pressing a finger onto my lips. "I wasn't talking about that, idiot." He said while ruffling my hair.

"Then what?" I asked, confused.

"I'm talking about this." He held a familiar piece of paper while flashing a very dangerous smile that sent chills down my spine.

"A-A-About that..." I trailed off, cracking my brain so I could come up with a good excuse.

"You're just so selfish, aren't you?" His voice was serious and his words were daggers that pierced my heart.

"I know." I mumbled, keeping my head down.

"Have you even thought of the pain I felt while reading this letter? Have you even considered me loosing my mind thinking that I really lost you?"

I bit my lower lip, feeling so guilty and apologetic towards him. The truth is, I didn't really think we'd be able to pull off our trumpcard even with Min Soo's assistance.

"I'm really so---"

"Don't say something like this ever again." Lifting my chin up and looking straight into my eyes, he said those words before catching my lips with his.

Why is he so good at making me fall deeper in love?

"JAE EUN!!!" I jolted at the sound of the familiar high pitched voice.

"Mina!" I shrieked and before I knew it, she was examining every inch of my body.

"I was worried sick, you know. I even almost died in shock when I heard you died. I begged the manager to explain things but he always tells me 'Don't worry, everything is in control'." She said and mimicked Min Soo's sentence at the last part jokingly.

"I didn't sound like that." Min Soo interrupted which obviously triggered for Mina's pinkish cheeks to turn red.

Someone cleared his throat which halted our happy reunion.

I peeked over Mina's shoulder and saw dad on a wheelchair being assisted by a nurse. Everyone left us alone to give us some space to soothe things out.

"Dad." I exclaimed, jumping off the bed and dashed to give my father something I've longed to give him for so many years, a hug.

"I'm so sorry for every---"