Chapter 57

"W-What... What do you mean it's hers?"

"That's a lie."

"It can't be."

"No, she's not dead."

"Tell us that's a fucking joke!"

"Jae Eun? Dead?" Seungcheol laughed scornfully, his mental stability slowly dissipating. "I won't allow that. I need to see her body--- No, even if I see her body, I won't accept it. I won't allow that." Seungcheol declared as he punched the nearest tree, creating a hole where his fist had burried.

"Where are you going Seungcheol?!"

Seungcheol didn't bother looking back at the others and just disappeared as his whole being got consumed by the shadows.

--

"Where is she?!" Seungcheol snarled as he eyed the person in white who looked terrified.

"I-I'm s-sorry but only a-authorized personnels are aloud to go in this morgue, sir. I ask you to leave." The man said, his voice wavering as he hesitantly dragged Seungcheol out.

"I asked you where she is!" Grabbing the man by the collar, Seungcheol raised his fists- his eyes submerged in pain and anger.

"I won't ask you a third time." He warned vehemently as his jaws locked.

"I d-don't know w-what you're talking a-about, sir. I think you're in the wrong place." The man defensed, struggling to free himself from Seungcheol's hand.

"You're right." Seungcheol mumbled and the man gasped for air as soon as Seungcheol set him free. "I know I'm in the wrong place. She's not here 'cause she's not dead." He ran his fingers through messy hair as he sounded off a soulless laugh.

"Hyung!" He darted his eyes to the door where his members were there, panting as though they ran a marathon.

"She's not here." He said with great relief, smiling at them. The members couldn't look at their leader straight in the eyes. It pains them to see their leader force a lie on himself. Their leader who remains composed no matter what the situation is is now dwelling in the reality he himself made.

"Hyung..." Dino trailed off.

"Is this what you are looking for?" They all strayed their gaze to Min Soo and to the body in front of him.

"Why... Why is the body wrapped?" Joshua asked.

"Even if it isn't wrapped, you still won't be able to recognize her. That's why we ran a DNA test."

"No! Jae Eun!" Seungcheol screamed in anguish as he fell on the floor, curling himself into a ball.

"Stand up, Seungcheol." Min Soo demanded, standing in front of the broken Seungcheol.

"Min Soo, just let him---"

"Stand up!" Min Soo once again demanded, forcefully pulling Seungcheol up by his collar. Seungcheol stared directly into Min Soo's eyes. His gaze screaming the words he couldn't say - he wanted to die.

"Just how long are you going to mope around? All day? We couldn't undo what happened but we need to continue. Your CEO wants you back and I can send you back this instance but I'm sure you don't want that. You want to make that woman pay, right?"

The later statement of Min Soo ignited Seungcheol's anger. Life was once again brought in his eyes and by just one firm look of strong resolve, Min Soo let go.

"We have a lot to do."

--

"We need to find any piece of evidence that will prove Mrs. Nam was the one behind all of this." Min Soo told them.