Chapter 36

"We're still on that sir. But the victim was identified to be Anna Jo."

Min Soo went deaf for a while, his senses became numb.

"Sir."

He snapped back to reality. Being too preoccupied about Anna's safety, he aggressively drove past through the other vehicles. He has no room to care about the others at the moment.

"What's the situation right now?" He asked, trying his best to hide his shaky voice and maintain his sanity. He then recklessly cut a corner on his left.

"I'm afraid I can't mobilize our men sir but we're currently surrounding the area for now and we've already vacated the people. The suspect demanded that if we send our men in, he will end the hostage's life."

Min Soo mumbled lines of curses to himself. He stepped on the gas and the speed level was raised to its maximum level.

The police's sirens was getting stronger, an indication that he was nearing the area. He strode his way to a tent where the other authorities were currently making a plan of action.

"Sir." They stood rigid and saluted at their superior officer. Min Soo dismissed them so they can continue their plan.

Min Soo wore his heavy bulletproof vest and his helmet and checked his gun's condition before speaking up.

"Let me talk to the suspect." He commanded and in a split second, an old model phone was handed to him.

"Release the hostage and all of this will be solved." He blatantly demanded, completely failing to maintain his composure.

"R-Really? Hahaha... T-That's good t-to hear t-then. Come to the s-second floor and I w-warn you not to bring anyone with you." The man from the other line then laughed like a complete retard.

Biting his lower lip, Min Soo ended the call and gave his men his instructions.

"Listen, he wants me to go there alone and we all know what's he's next step is going to be. I will only allow Alpha Team to move." He firmly said, landing his eyes to the team on his right who now stood straight and ready to go.

"Alpha Team is to secure all the possible exits in the building and whatever happens, do not go to the 2nd floor. Are we clear?"

"Sir, yes sir!" The booming sound of the team rang in the air.

Min Soo ran towards the building, constantly prayed in his head about Anna's safety. He reached the 2nd floor. With both of his hands gripping tightly on his gun positioned at the lower left side of his body, he cautiously took every step with guard on and sharpened senses.

He stepped deeper into the area then swiftly swung around his body and pointed his gun to the direction where he heard footsteps crashing the shards on the floor.

He found a room and he kicked the door open. There a man's broad back met his eyes. He scanned the area for Anna and he found her tied to a chair at the corner of the room with her lips covered with duct tape, struggling to escape from the hell she was in.

Taking in Anna's state, anger boils inside Min Soo- seeing cuts all over Anna's body. He instantly felt the urge to pull the trigger and just get over this.

"I didn't do it. I didn't kill her. I'm innocent." The man mumbled these words through trembling lips and once again laughed like a complete retard.

Cautiously attempting to approach Anna, Min Soo pinned his eyes on the man and stealthily moved towards her but just when he was a few steps away from her, two simultaneous shots were released.