Chapter 23

"Hyung!/Scoups!"  His other members all wore a worried face as they meet us at the door.

"What took you so long?" Dino asked as he darted me an accusative look. I felt guilt rise in my stomach.

"Calm down guys. We only went out for a long walk and didn't notice the time. Now get back to your rooms. It's almost midnight and I know we're all exhausted not to mention we have to head to the company tomorrow as early as possible."

All seemed to understand the situation so after saying goodnights to each other, they went inside their respective rooms.

"Jae Eun." Scoups called out just as I was about to open my door. "Good night." He said and gave off a sweet smile.

You have to do something Jae Eun. I thought subconsciously.

When I thought of that, my body just gained brain of its own. I sauntered my way to him and tiptoed to reach his cold cheeks and then planted a gentle kiss on them.

"T-Thank you... For everything today." I said in a whisper with my eyes staring at my toes. I finally found the guts to raise my head. I looked at him and he looked surprised. I mean who wouldn't be? Even I am surprised.

I said goodnight before running to my room.

What in the world did I just do?

Uhmm... You kissed him?

I know! I meant...Why?

Because you felt there was a need to. You needed to do something to repay him for everything he has done and that includes him lying to his groupmates to cover for you.

When my inner self said that, my other inner self couldn't debate anymore.

I groggily threw myself to my bed and rolled over for a couple of times. I couldn't sleep. I shut my eyes closed but the image of the scene earlier kept flashing in my mind, causing me to force myself to stay awake.

I didn't know how much time passed by because I zoned out. Good thing my phone in my pocket vibrated, pulling me back to reality. I fished it out and saw Mina's name flashing on the screen.

"Hello Mi---"

"So you're really living with kpop idols now?! You're the luckiest person in the whole wide world. Don't---"

"Calm down, calm down."

I cut her off. I almost snapped at what she said. Me? Luckiest person in the world? To say that it's hell living here is an understatement 'cause it's more than that. I tried to maintain my composure before uttering another word.

"Why are you calling me ri---"

"So what happened next?"

"Next? What do you mean?" I asked as I painted a bewildered face.

"You know what I mean. Two young people walking down the silent streets at midnight. There must've been an event right?"

I could completely picture out that teasing smile of hers.

You kissed him.

"Stop remembering that. There's nothing else to it. It was just simple token of appreciation."

"What? What did you do?"

Crap. Did I say my thoughts out loud?

"I didn't say anything. Look, nothing happened okay?" I replied, trying to keep my voice as bored as possible to get her interest off the topic but she was just too persistent.