Chapter 1

The Promise

---

Nagisa's POV

Korosensei told me to follow him outside. He'll probably lead me to Kayano. I wonder what she wants to talk about.

Is it a goodbye? An advice perhaps? Or maybe it's about the chocolates she gave me the other day.

While I was on the middle of my thoughts, Korosensei stopped walking in all of a sudden. I managed to do the same and look at him with a confused feeling.

"Uhh, Korosensei? Is something the matter?" I looked around, but there was no Kayano, so I asked Korosensei.

"Nagisa..." He started to speak.

"You do remember about Kayano's past, correct?" He suddenly asked.

My eyes widened at his question. Why would he bring that up out of the blue? Is it Kayano the one who actually wants to talk to me or he just said that so he can speak with me.

"Uhh, of course sir, but...why do you ask?" I asked dumbfounded. I don't know what's going on, but I'd like to know where this ends up.

"And you do realize that she's on her own?" Korosensei seems to be ignoring my question, but I won't let that bother our conversation. There's something that I really want to know about Kayano. Maybe this might be the best time for it?

On her own? Kayano?

I thought to myself. I did just realize it now but, why would she be on her own? She had us. She had Korosensei. So why?

"W-what do you mean sir?" I managed to bring up another question. We were still on a grassy field; the warm air blew around us, giving this conversation a relaxing feeling into it.

"After her sister's death, she's been living on her own now." Korosensei started to explain the details. I started to listen carefully, trying not to cut it with any of my questions anymore, so I went silent, but I was still confused.

Kayano was living all by herself? Wait, doesn't she have a mother or a father perhaps? W-where does she live by the way?

Those were the questions that I'd really wanted to ask. But now is not the good time to bring them up. Korosensei might just actually ignore them.

"To tell you frankly, her sister Aguri did mention her before." Korosensei sighed and explained the rest of the details. I don't know where this is going, but Korosensei's about to tell me more about his past again, so I sat properly, cleansed my ears, ready to take em'.

--- Flashback ---

Switch to Normal POV

"Oh yeah. You didn't know about it, right?" Aguri asked from the other side of the lab glass door.

"Know about what?" Korosensei's old self asked.

"I have a little sister, and she's super cute than me." Aguri made her usual cheerful smile.

"But you're cute too!" Said the former reaper.

"Hey! That's the same line she gave me while I complimented her!" Aguri reacted.

"Oh really? But it's true you know?" Korosensei said.

"Yeah. But deep down, I really wished that I could become like her." Aguri stated as she gazed at the floor while blushing. Korosensei made a dumbfounded look, and tilts his head a little bit, curious to know about this 'little sister' of hers.

"Her name's Akari, and she's already an actor!" Aguri happily described her, but she continued.

"She has a favorite taste on puddings, and usually hates big breasted women." Aguri pouted, knowing that her little sister's against her as well.

"Hah! I take it that she hates you for those, yeah?" Korosensei said in amusement.

"Yeah, but at the same time she loves me. I love her too. And I would do everything to keep her safe. She's all the family I have left." Aguri stated.

"Hmm? What do you mean?" Korosensei asked.

"While we were still young, our parents got into an accident. After that, Akari and I had to live by ourselves." Aguri explained. Korosensei listened to her from his heart, wanting to know more about her pasts.

"That's why, I have to look after her, and support her!" Aguri's eyes started to water up, and was about to cry. Though she managed to hold them, she still couldn't stop from whining.

"Hey, don't worry Aguri!" Korosensei tries to reassure her.

"You did a good job! Being a teacher and a loving sister, if I were on her shoes, I would be lucky to have a sister like you."

"Thanks so much~ That's all what I needed right now." Aguri managed to stop her whining and wiped away the tears on her eyes. And then she leaned forward as her forehead touches the glass pane. She placed a hand on it as well while on the other side, Korosensei placed his hand on where Aguri's hand were, and made a smile. Both of them were. They were having another moment they desperately wanted to have.

"Hey, I have a big favor to ask of you." Aguri said, still leaning on the glass pane.

"What is it?" Korosensei asked.

"I know it's none of your deal but, can you do me a promise?" Aguri said while still smiling.

"Anything." Korosensei answered simply.

"If I were to disappear, will you take care of my little sister? I know that she can already handle herself, but to me she, seems kinda dependent." Aguri brought it up.

"I'll give it my best." Korosensei said in a simple way again. But to Aguri, this seems to be touching.

"Thanks. I owe you a lot." She thanked him for taking the request. Being a sister's keeper might be hard for a male, but he promised to Aguri, that he'll do whatever it takes to keep her safe.

--- End of Flashback ---

---

End of Chapter 1