Chapter 6

Guess We're Back to Acting

---

Nagisa's POV

"Goodnight Nagisa."

"Goodnight mom."

After dinner, Mom finally calmed down and realized the time. It was already 9:48 in the evening, that means we were talking for 2 hours straight. That's quite a lot of time we consumed if you ask me.

But anyway, I went to my bedroom, turned off the lights as mom greeted me goodnight before closing the door, and wrapped myself with my warm blanket.

I was trying to go to sleep. I don't know why but I found myself not yet sleepy when I lied down on my bed. So I turned on the lampshade near my bed because it was starting to get boring and I gazed at the door.

Kay, what should I do?

I thought to myself as I stare at the door. Then I gazef back at the table where the lampshade was. There was also an alarm clock and a phone... Wait... Phone! That's it!

Guess I'll try to convince her then. If Mom finds out I didn't bring her, she'll be in a bad mood again.

I took the phone and started dialing a certain someone's contact number while I stood up from my bed and walked towards the window.

As I opened it, a cold breeze entered my room and I watched the beautiful night sky with the crescent moon illuminating the whole view.

... Rrrt! ...

... Rrrt! ...

... Rrrt! ...

"Hello?" A sleepy voice came out after three beats.

"Hey Kayano. Did I wake you up? Sorry about that." When I heard her timid voice, I felt a little guilty that I might've disturbed her slumber. Oof, that's right. It's late in the night.

"No, it's okay. I was trying not to sleep anyway but I felt sleepy so I accidentally closed my eyes." She still said that with a groggy voice.

"You were trying not to sleep? But it's already late." I asked her.

"Hahh... I just have a lot of things on my mind I need to forget." She sighed.

"Forget?" I got confused.

"Never mind that..." She suddenly diverted the subject. Huh. That made me curious about it though.

"So, is something the matter?" Then she brought out a new topic, but I didn't quite catch her drift.

"Hmm?" I was confused.

"What do you mean 'hmm?' You called me out in the middle of the night. What's the matter?" After she brought that up, I finally noticed what she was talking about.