Chapter 37

The Trials

---

Normal POV

The meeting came to adjourn and everybody else decided to call it a day to go home.

Meanwhile, just beyond the entrance of the stadium, Kayano was worriedly staring at Nagisa from afar who couldn't stop worrying about his attitude ever since that time.

Surprisingly, Nagisa noticed this. But to her surprise, he turned away in an instant to avoid making any contact with her.

She was momentarily struck by guilt and becomes depressed. However, Okuda suddenly called out to her, asking if the three of them (including Kanzaki) could go home together.

Kayano immediately masked her depression and agreed to Okuda's request with a fake smile.

Meanwhile, when the girls were just about to leave, Karma had also noticed that the black haired actress was looking worriedly at Nagisa and walks next to him. Although, Nagisa didn't notice Karma while he continued to walk, leaving Karma to twitch his eyebrows in confusion.

"Hey. Is something the matter?" He went to ask.

By the time he heard a voice, Nagisa snapped out from staring at his front and gazed at his best friend.

"Huh? Oh, it's just you Karma." Nagisa nonchalantly spoke to him, which confused Karma even more.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

Karma was expecting another nonchalant response. But to his surprise, nothing came out from his mouth. Nagisa only turned his head back to where he was looking at just a second ago and had this face of a conflicted boy, lost and saddened.

"Did something happen between you and Kayano?" The red headed suddenly asked.

However, that question weighed something and caused Nagisa to slightly flinch. He quickly looks at Karma with a nervous expression on his face.

"What?? N-No! Nothing happened!" Nagisa immediately retorted.

"Hmm, suspicious." Karma thought so as he placed a hand on his chin, looking at Nagisa closely.

"I-I told you it's nothing! Come on! We better hurry, or mom's gonna scold me tonight." The blue haired assassin changed the subject halfway and walked ahead of Karma.

Meanwhile, Karma was left in a daze and started to worry about him. He looks at Nagisa who was walking behind the rest of their former classmates with a worried flow of thoughts, never saying a word.

This was where Karma started to assume that Kayano and Nagisa met alone awhile ago and something did probably happened between the two of them. But he's got no lead as per what exactly is the problem. And so, he plans to find out about it by asking him directly.

Although, he thought that right now is not the right time to ask, so he decided to ask him someday.

The stadium lights were turned off and the people have already left. The dark veil of the night covers the entire sky decorated with trillions of sparkling stars and a bright crumbled white moon, gazing upon the earth.

The former class 3E went their separate ways and are desperate to reach their homes before their folks starts to worry about them being late again.

The reason why they held a meeting was because they planned to initiate the retaking of their old classroom three days from now on. Isogai is to first issue a lawyer, prove that the classroom was used for an illegal purpose, and prepare to make a trial to subjugate the people who are responsible; all are to be done in that three-day span.