Chapter 45

The Monster Inside Me

---

Normal POV

"How are we doing?"

"The equipment is doing well. We're ready for a sample."

Klein asks the scientist in charge of the equipment that has the ability to copy tentacle cells from a living being. To put it in simple terms, it's a machine that copies DNA and stuff. You could call it 'cloning' but this equipment doesn't clone DNA. It's built generally for the sole purpose of copying tentacle cells.

But before they could do that, they have to get a sample: the original to copy from. Though, they don't plan to copy it plainly. They plan to copy it perfectly.

"Should we bring her?" Then, Klein turns his head to a corner where he saw his old man sitting in a steel chair doing the same pose in his office and asks him.

"Very well." The father answers directly while still wearing that evil smirk of his'.

With his approval, Klein glances at a grunt guarding the door and nods at him.

The grunt understood what he meant and went outside to carry out his order.

A few minutes later, a female voice yelling from the other side could be heard, seemingly like she was trying to resist from being brought.

"Stop! Let me go!!" Kayano was forcibly dragged by two goons into the room, showing that she still had it in her to fight.

"My apologies, sir. It took us awhile to bring her here because of her stubbornness." The grunt bows his head and apologizes to Klein.

Klein didn't say anything back to the apologizing grunt but only raised his hand at him, probably saying the he doesn't mind, and walks towards Kayano who was still trying to escape from the grip of the two men.

Klein reaches for Kayano's chin and raises it up forcibly.

"What a pitiful face you have, Kaede." He said to her as he wore a poker face.

Meanwhile, he continued.

"However, you should be glad, Kaede. You're going to be a great part of my plan and we'll always be together because of that!" He was being arrogant.

THWOOO!!!

But as a reply, Kayano spits her saliva at Klein's face while wearing a grudge on her face and says...

"Who would want to be with a monster like you."

Pretending to be a masochist, Klein closes his eyes and makes a smirk while letting go of her chin.

"Take her to the vault!" Not paying mind to what Kayano did to him, he orders the goons holding Kayano to bring her to the testing room which is in front of them that can be clearly seen through a bullet-proof glass.

Over there, Kayano was cuffed on a giant wheel-like object with all her arms and legs attached to it. It was like she was about to be tortured, though that scenario did cross her mind.

At the other side of the thick glass, Klein looks at Kayano with a pitiful face, and turns to talk to the scientist in charge of the machine.

"How many attempts are we going to make?" He asked.